Can only make new thread, can't reply

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
Hi, I've just joined this forum, and although I can start a new therad (like this one) I am unable to reply. I'm using mac osx with the browser safari. I did manage to reply once by using explorer, although when I attempted to log in I got a username password not recognised message, and had to get a new pasword sent to me, even though I'd just logged in using safari, so I hadn't had an opportunity to forget my password (it will happen, just not yet).

Any ideas?

Jennifer

PS when I press the sumbit reply button or the preview button in safari nothing happens at all.

Amy

Jan 4, 2006
Hiya Jennifer,
Reckon this is one for Bruce and Craig. Mac osx sounds like they make sweets, and I thought a safari was something you went on to see lions etc - so sorry I can be no help whatsoever!
Helen

Brucie

Jan 31, 2004
near London
Hi Jennifer,

I'm not familiar with the browser you use, nor too much with Apple Macs. While I always liked Macs, I always steered clear of them in business because many of their strengths, user-wise, caused problems when trying to communicate with the rest of the world.

Is there a PC compatibility mode with osx? or a different browser you could try?

It sounds as if your browser can 'see' the widgets used for "New Thread" and "Submit", but may not be actioning them when they are pressed.

I'll defer to Nada, who set up TP, and Craig, who is probably more up to speed than I am on connectivity challenges.

Sorry I can't be helpful.

Amy

Jan 4, 2006
Hiya Bruce,
From the postings you make I thought you were pretty good on 'connectivity challenges' - you seem to empathise quite well.
Helen

pescy

Jun 26, 2006
Hi Jennifer,
I have a Mini Mac( i know,sounds like something you eat!) I also use safari as my browser and haven't had a problem yet.I'll e.mail my brother(computer whiz),but we could be waiting all week for a reply:( Perhaps you do need to change your browser to Firefox or something? Sorry,as you can tell,i'm useless with computers! Good luck

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
Well would you believe it - now it works! Must have been a temporary glitch. Thanks everyone.

Jennifer

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
All right, it must be a specific problem with a given forum. I've just tried to reply to a post I made in the vasxular dementia forum, and the problem is back again!

In this forum, where I can post/reply with no difficulty, the reply screen is "centred" on the screen, as are the widgets "submit reply" "preview post" but in the other forum, the screen is left justified, and when I hit reply, nothing at all happens. I'm going off to see if it's that specific forum, or if I have the problem elsewhere.

Jennifer

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
Ok, the problem ONLY exists in the thread that I started in the vascular dementia forum. (Vascular dementia - is it or isn't).

I have no idea what's going on - I don't think I'll be starting any new threads.

Brucie

Jan 31, 2004
near London
Amy said:
From the postings you make I thought you were pretty good on 'connectivity challenges' - you seem to empathise quite well.
Why thank you Ma'am!

Seems like, as I get better at understanding person-person connectivity, my computer skills get worse at the same rate...?
jenniferpa said:
I'm going off to see if it's that specific forum, or if I have the problem elsewhere.
I like your analysis technique!

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
Yes, I know - it just seems to be that one thread on that one board! Also, I can reply to that thread now provided I use the "quote" button! So, I think we'll just put it down to some weird glitch.

Jennifer

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GillWife