Can not breath, without him.

nellbelles

Volunteer Host
Nov 6, 2008
leicester
I am so sorry to read your sad news, please accept my sincere condolences for your loss. I hope in time you can take comfort from the fact that he is at peace and free of this terrible illness.

Please keeping posting if it helps you at this difficult time. xx

rajahh

Aug 29, 2008
Hertfordshire
Maggie join us in the forum for after dementia dealing with loss. There are a few active members in that forum and we will all understand your pain.
Jeannette

garnuft

Sep 7, 2012
Dear Maggy,

there aren't any words to comfort you. I'm so sorry that you've lost your husband.

He fought a hard battle to stay with you.

I always think the people we love are within our minds and hearts, when you need strength to continue, ask yourself what your darling husband would say to comfort and strengthen you.

That way, he is with you still, helping you through this most painful of times.

I wish you strength to endure the pain of your loss and much sympathy and love to help you as you face each painful day. XXX

LYN T

Aug 30, 2012
Brixham Devon
Hello Maggy

I'm so sorry to read of your loss. You must feel terrible.

It's often said on this Forum that we grieve for the Dementia sufferer as the illness progresses and once again when the person passes. How cruel this disease is to take someone so young and, although a part of us doesn't want our loved ones to suffer anymore, when the end arrives the finality must be devastating.

Please take care of yourself-you are always welcome here on TP if it helps you. You will find many posters in a similar position who will be able to give you their experience in trying to cope.

My condolences at this very sad and heartbreaking time for you

Lyn T

XXX

CollegeGirl

Jan 19, 2011
North East England
I'm so very sorry to hear this. It must have been excruciating for you to witness. I wish I had the right words to comfort you, but they seem so inadequate. xx

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
I send you so much sympathy, Maggie. My husband died 7 weeks ago and the reality of it is still sinking in.
I can't offer you much in the way of reassuring words at this time but I can offer you understanding and the hope that there will be a way of coming to terms with your loss, in time.
It is true that your husband is now free from pain and suffering and I'm sure that will eventually bring some comfort to you.
Come back, there are others here who can help and support you. They did me and so very grateful I have been to them. x

Wolfsgirl

Oct 18, 2012
Nr Heathrow, Mum has AD & VD
My husband is almost 64 - so very sad to hear this, you sound so traumatised, as I would be - very big hugs to you xxx

Four weeks ago, I lost my beautiful husband, he was aged 64. Five days he spent in pallative care, without any food or drink, he tried with every breath he had, to cling to life, even though his body and mind were torn apart with dementia.

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
Dear Maggy,

I am so very sorry for your loss. I hope you find strength and support as you face each day.

Love

Georgina N

Nov 1, 2008
Shropshire
I know how you feel

I know how you feel exactly , this happened to me in February when my husband died.
You have terrible days, weeks and months when you just want to be in the grave with him ,
but then you have days when you find that there is some hope after all.
I know that my husband wanted me to carry on and I just take one day at a time.
It is so damn hard and it breaks me up thinking of the past few years ......but the life force is stronger than you would think , and somehow you do carry on and start , in small
ways, to find some meaning in life.
You are in deep shock now, be kind to yourself

stanleypj

Dec 8, 2011
North West
I can add little to all the kind responses Maggy. I have not yet reached the point that you have but you will know that many have, and still keep posting and sharing their thoughts and feelings, helping others in the process. I hope you will be able to draw some comfort from the words of all these survivors.

I hope that, in time, you and all those in similar situations will find some peace.

Zsazsa

Jul 20, 2014
Somerset
Four weeks ago, I lost my beautiful husband, he was aged 64. Five days he spent in pallative care, without any food or drink, he tried with every breath he had, to cling to life, even though his body and mind were torn apart with dementia.

Dear Maggy79,
Thinking of you in your sad loss and hoping you can get through the next difficult weeks and months by taking it one day at a time. We will be here for you on TP when you need us. Sending you a big hug.