Can I ... Should I?

Slugsta

Aug 25, 2015
South coast of England
Well done on beating the EA into submission Sam! I hope his optimism is founded and you can soon move on with your life.

I'm really sorry that I can't come and meet Amy, either in London or Birmingham :(

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
Thanks @Slugsta I hope so too. Although I’ve not decided where to go, I’m looking forward to having choices & figuring how to be able to spend time with Baby Girl :p

I’m cheating with the @Amy in the US meet up ... I’m going to stop off with youngest on the way home :D Looking forward to seeing old friends, meeting new and getting baby snuggles. Next week is looking very promising. :D

I’ve been thinking about giving the Agent an incentive to get it sold. I’ll see what Fridays Agent says.

@Amy in the US is planning on coming again (hope we don't change her mind on that :eek:), so you might get to meet her next time. It’s a pity you can’t meet this time. Maybe you could do a meet up near you & we can come to you ;)

rosy18

Jul 23, 2016
Blackpool
Oh Sam that sounds great news on the house front. It will be great for you to be able to make new plans, and explore your options.
Will be thinking of you all next week calling for those baby cuddles sounds a perfect ending to a perfect meet up :D

Mum slept most of the day and right through the night, not sleeping and being so fidgety throughout the night really takes it out of her.

Thank you Slugsta I feel like a new woman today after a good night's sleep :)

Have a good day everyone, still windy here but dry atm

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
Sorry @rosy18 , I didn’t get a notification :(, so didn’t see your message

It is good news on the house front, the second valuation was very flat, I couldn’t see me working with them, especially when he said “we wouId call to discuss after 4 weeks, if we’d not been in touch in that time”. Seriously, not speak to me for 4 weeks. :eek: That was the real kybosh for me

I’ve gone back to the first valuation, negototiated a lower fee :D & signed up. Also a short tie in period. Although I’ve dropped the price, the fee is half the other place was, so overall, it doesn’t come out much lower. They’ve done the photos, told me to give them a call if I redecorate a room or clear anything & they will pop in, take a new photo & refresh the site :eek:, could have knocked me down with a feather. I had to ask the last lot & they weren’t keen at all :rolleyes:

Fingers crossed this one does the job & I get choices again. I’m trying not to think about where I’ll go, until I get an offer, but it’s very tempting to start looking at house prices now :rolleyes:o_O

It’s going to be a busy week for me ...

Two valuations this week. Having the car checked tomorrow & then collecting brother from fishing, which means I’ll need to give it a good hoover out & a bit of a clean (muddy field :oops:). Eldest has been in touch after 3.5 months of silence, he’s coming over Sunday ... we’ll see if he turns up ;)

Monday is Pooch grooming, he needs to look (& smell) his best, Tuesday will be running around shopping & packing the car up. I have to leave the house pristine in case any viewings o_O

Wednesday I’m stopping in with a friend on the way to pick up @Amy in the US & then it’s on to Birmingham for the Thursday meet up

Drop Amy off on the way back, then go see youngest & have hugs n snuggles with Baby Girl

Busy week ahead.

It’ll stop me fretting over the blooming house :p

I hope you caught up on some sleep yourself, as your mum slept. Broken sleep is the worst. I remember being so tired I put my arms over the bed rails in A&E & put me head down & slept while mum dozed in the bed, waiting for the doctors to grind slowly through the process. Sleep at every opportunity when your mum has had a fidgety night o_O

It’s cold, damp & howling here. Pooch is not impressed about going out :rolleyes:

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
I can’t believe it’s Saturday already :rolleyes: I’m debating between driving home tonight or tomorrow. Part of me wants to stay for more Baby Girl cuddles & the other part wants to get back to clearing the house & trying to push on with my life. Choices, choices o_O

I’ve long since given up on setting my leaving time in stone ... only my subsequent stop over times, as I never do seem to get out the house on time. The world still spins, I still get there eventually & no one gets hurt ... but it wouId be nice

My lovely neighbour J, popped in for 5 minutes on Tuesday night ... she stayed for 2.5 hours :rolleyes: It is lovely to see her, she was stressing over children & her job and she’s been so supportive of me, I just sat & talked with her, but when she left, I had to go back to sorting for my trip. Including getting to eat :eek: I was late to bed :(

After dragging myself out of bed & into the shower after an awful night, I started packing the car. I had wanted that done the previous night, but figured midnight was not the best time to be opening & closing the car boot. Naturally I got a phone call. Again a call I was happy to take, more than relieved to get this catch up, but it was over an hour & time was ticking by.

My planned four hour stop with my friend S, was drastically reduced to two hours, I only visited her a few weeks before so she was fine about it. I was the one feeling guilty for such a short stop. She was just pleased to see me :)

To save the ring road, town centre madness, @Amethyst59 got a taxi to meet me & off we went. We made good time, until Madam SatNav decided to run out of charge (the cable kinked & wasn’t charging), of course it had to be as we approached the turning & so I missed it :rolleyes: No harm done, we were early for the pick up, so just added a bit of a loop while scrabbling for new cables & swooping things out :D I directed the search, @Amethyst59 did the scrabbling :D

We gave up trying to figure the parking & stopped in the drop off zone, rearranging the boot & letting Pooch stretch his legs. @Amy in the US arrived, we packed up & set off :) The chat was non stop, the traffic not bad & I don't think I scared either of them :rolleyes: (neither opted for the train back .. so it must have been ok)

@2jays & 1jay were the perfect stop over, welcoming us with open arms, cold grapes & friendly chat. A very relaxed evening, it feels like I’ve known them for years, yet we’ve only met a few times.

Thursday morning saw us tucking into a Full English :eek: Oh my ... so not going to be eating lunch. Food tastes amazing when someone else cooks :D That’s such a treat for me ;) Fortunately @2jays is much better at getting people out the door on time than I am (although a tiny bit past the planned time ;)). We arrived before the doors opened & before the others, so all was good

We met. We ate. We talked. Putting faces to names, then suddenly it was time everyone had to run back to their lives o_O I hope @Amy in the US felt the long drive was worth it, but she smiled a lot so I think it was a good choice she made :p

We took things easy driving back, I dropped them off at the station & set off into darkest Essex :D Youngest & Baby Girl cuddles in my line of sight :D

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
I’ve had 48 hours with Baby Girl & co :D All Friday with the fiancé, which was nice, a chance to get to know each other a bit. I still like her :) I baby sat Friday night as they went out for their first “date night” since Baby Girl was born. Good as gold :D

I’ve had a chance to get to know the future MiL a bit more too & the other children. It’s been a relaxed two days. I woke this morning to a call asking if they could arrange a viewing :D Can they? Too right they can. All set for Sunday afternoon.

I was gutted when they called back to change it to Monday, as it means I won’t get to the London meet up. I’d love to have seen Amy & Beate again, met new faces, but I can’t risk her finding somewhere else if I delayed

Pooch & I are now home. He’s unsettled, but seems happy to be home. Poor thing fretted when he couldn’t see me & followed me all day long. He’s loving his teddy right now, giving him a clean o_O Daft thing he is

Hope the weather is good this week, I need to clear the garden up a bit. :rolleyes:

Toony Oony

Jun 21, 2016
Hi there @Sam Luvit - sorry you can't make it tomorrow, but I have everything crossed for your viewing.
Hope it all goes brilliantly and then you can start making some solid plans. It's a beautiful day here so perhaps you managed to do a bit of that gardening?
Good luck for Monday!
X

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
Hi @Toony Oony

Sorry, I missed that you were going tomorrow,:rolleyes: wouId have been nice to see you again o_O I hope missing the meet up is worth it (in that she falls in love, buys it & wants to move in next month :eek:). Well I can dream :D

It’s been bright, but bitter here. We had a long(ish) walk, but Pooch was more than happy to get home. He’s been cuddled up with me a lot today. Either the trip took a lot out of me, or I’m coming down with something .. I’ve really crashed today :( Thankfully, the place is pretty tidy, but I’ll have to hoover etc later or in the morning

Hope the meeting goes well & everyone else can get there & you all have fun :)

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
Unfortunately @Slugsta I've had one of those ugggg days, where I’ve struggled through the morning (up very early) & then collapsed & slept the afternoon away.

I put on an extra layer before leaving the house, but was still cold. Nothing was going to get me back out there today brrrrrr

Slugsta

Aug 25, 2015
South coast of England
Yes, I also hope that you are not coming down with anything Sam (((hugs)))

We sat in the sunshine and had brunch with our son before taking him to the railway station. He was here for a friend's wedding, stayed with us last night.