Can I ... Should I?

rosy18

Jul 23, 2016
Blackpool
Sam slow down and take a breadth. I've just read the post and caught up and I'm feeling exhausted, I know you want to get all you need to done and dusted but please don't overdo things. All these getting "older" aches and pains means we have to slow down a little.
Sounds like Nana Sam is enjoying being just that. What a bundle of joy just what the doctor ordered I think.

Well Mums just having a run on uti's at the moment, thankfully I have a good idea when they are starting so getting a urine sample in straight away. The last one (last Thursday) the sample didn't show up on a dip test but when the results came back from hospital it was positive so back on antibiotics. Poor Mum gets more "challenging" and hallucinates more than normal just hoping this will be it, for a while anyway.

Been glorious here can't believe just how warm it has been, all set to change tomorrow:(
How's Margi and Mum doing?.

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
How's Margi and Mum doing?.

Hi @rosy18

I just want it done now, I figured giving myself a deadline & going full steam ahead, I could focus & then relax. Hopefully stick it back on the market next week & then it’s a matter of keeping it tidy & clearing things out as time moves on.

Nana Sam time is far more important than a few bricks n mortar :D:D

Your poor mum. My mum said a UTI was just so painful, so it’s not surprising she is ‘challenging”. It’s surprising how quickly we tune into the symptoms of that one. I could feel the change in Mum before she even knew herself.

The weather has been amazing. I sat outside painting the Louvre doors & got pink shoulders :eek: It’s February & I started on my tan :rolleyes: It’s going to rain for the rest of the week ... that’ll keep me firmly indoors clearing cupboards :rolleyes:

@Margi29 has been busy & quiet. I think the care home situation is really getting to her :( It’s just so hard :(

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
Deadline passed, but all the painting is finished :D:D:D All the internal painting I’m prepared to do is done, externally ... gates, fences, shed, garage door ... they can wait for now. The relief is amazing

I’m doing a massive clear out, de-clutter, or whatever you want to call it. I’ve stopped tables around, filled another two boxes with books for the charity shop :) & am binning loads of stuff. I’m still aiming to get estate agents in this week for valuations & barter for the best deal.

Poor mum needs a new home, :rolleyes: , she’s been quietly sitting in the breakfast room, but the unit she was in is going out the door tomorrow. I dint want to put her in a cupboard :eek: I’m going to have to think about this. I can’t afford to finalise things yet, so she has to hang around till the house is sold or I manage to sell the stocks ( still not found that paperwork) :mad: I might have to accept the exorbitant cost of replacing the certificates, just so I can hand them back to sell them. Blooming ridiculous.

Last edited:

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
Hi @Slugsta

Yes, I will be out smelling the roses (& coffee) very soon I hope. Someone has turned the light on at the end of the tunnel at last :D

Mum won’t fit under my bed, can’t say I fancy that much anyway, so it may need to be the office where she will be out of sight :( or the lounge :eek:

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
I’ve rejigged the kitchen several times, I think it’s the best I can do with such a tiny space. It looks like it’s a reasonable space .. it’s impossible to actually cook in .. but I figure they will look & not cook :p

The car boot is full again, ready for another charity drop in the morning

That’s the good bit.

Mum is presently sat in a box on the floor to keep Pooch at a reasonable distance, that doesn’t feel right. Will I think of a better place before I fall into bed tonight?

My deep tissue sports pummelling massage was agony. Shoulders, breast bone, knees & just everywhere hurts. Hopefully I’ll feel the benefits tomorrow.

To finish off my day.

I tried to close the garage door. I’m stronger than I think (unfortunately). Blooming thing came off it’s runners. I tried, but gave up. Phoned big brother & he phoned a friend to come & sort it out. It works, after a fashion.

Two steps forward ... ten steps back :(

Slugsta

Aug 25, 2015
South coast of England
Morning all.

Sam, I hope you are feeling the benefit of the massage today (((hugs))).

There's not much you can do about the small kitchen, short of building an extension - which is for buyers to consider if they wish.

It is a glorious morning here, I hope you will be able to get out and enjoy it, even if only for a walk with Pooch.

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
Hi @Slugsta

I’ll leave the extension to the new owners :D, although just knocking the wall down between the breakfast room & kitchen wouId be enough (also leaving for them) :)

I’ve cleared so many books to the charity shop, they’ve said they can’t take any more for a bit. Luckily I’m more or less done with books for now :p Next is another go through the drawers & of course the never ending paperwork filing. :eek: The light at the end of the tunnel has been turned on fully :D

I’m really achy, but humping boxes up & down stairs & painting will have that effect :rolleyes: The painting is now done, so just boxes left. It feels doable now

I take Pooch for a shortish walk every morning & enjoy a tiny bit of the better weather. I didn’t realise it was drizzling this evening as I took him out. I was in fits of giggles watching him ..

Every time he stopped to take a P, he sheltered under a bush, which promptly deposited lots of rain all over him. Poor Pooch lept about a foot & ran away. He tried three or four times, before deciding the grass verge was safer. He wasn’t very happy & I laughed all the way home :D:D

rosy18

Jul 23, 2016
Blackpool
Fingers crossed Sam after all your hard work.
Like we said good time to put the house back on the market. Spring approaching :) even though we've got gales forecast for tonight:eek:.

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
Yesterday was glorious sunshine @rosy18, naturally, today is wet & windy :rolleyes: I’m not going out & raking leaves in that :eek:

I have 25 hours till the first valuation, so I’m rearranging the bedrooms & trying to make everything look the best it can

I’m deep clearing as much as possible, but tomorrow morning will be a case of sweeping it under the rug & pulling out after they’ve gone :eek:

How’s your mum doing? Are you getting any more sleep o_O

rosy18

Jul 23, 2016
Blackpool
Had 3 nights of uninterupted sleep absolute bliss. Mum slept right through even though last night Mum was jerking quite a bit, they can be quite ferocious but fortunately Mum slept through them. I feel so refreshed when (apart from the loo visits) I get to sleep through:D Have gone a week since finishing antibiotics so am hoping the UTI's have finished:eek:

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
Good news on the AB’s knocking the UTI on the head @rosy18 :D Mum was always getting them, till she let skip that it’s painful to P (like cystitis), so she drank as little as possible ... which made it worse & led to more. I drowned her in fluids from then on & the UTI’s reduced in frequency. Not easy to do that with your mum :(

A good nights sleep makes everything easier. Hope you get many more of those. :)

rosy18

Jul 23, 2016
Blackpool
Guess I spoke too soon no sleep as yet, poor Mum will be exhausted tomorrow. She has been talking gobbledy gook all night and her hands haven't stopped trying to fold the duvet, scratching the base sheet, trying to pull her knickers down and her pad out then trying to eat the duvet. Had to give Mum a towel which she was folding in tiny pleats too. She's just counting at the moment, which amazes me as she can do that. At least Mum only whispers now so nothing is being shouted:eek:. At least we will get some sleep tonight Mum will be so shattered, got to think posativeo_O.
Was reading about Amy in the US meet ups today, sounds like lots of fun is going to be had:).

Slugsta

Aug 25, 2015
South coast of England
Afternoon all,

Rosy, I'm sorry you had such a bad night and really hope you are able to get some proper sleep tonight (((hugs)))

Sam, I'm hoping you get some positive feed back on the house soon and get a buyer quickly.

I hadn't realised that Amy is over here already!

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
Afternoon @Slugsta

First valuation just done, lower price, says he could have 4 people into view next week (yeah, yeah). I told him I have another valuation on Friday, but if I used him .... is there negotiation on the % fee .... yes there is ... to me :D Figured I’d ask :p His fee is lower anyway, but I might as well get it lower if I can.

He says I’ve done exactly what I need to with painting it all white / cream & it’s a good location :rolleyes: Also thinks it wouId be sold within 3 weeks :eek:

@Amy in the US is over next week :eek: Beate is sorting the London meet up, @2jays is doing Birmingham. I’m just driving :p

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
Hi @rosy18

Poor you & your mum. One decent nights sleep isn’t enough to recover from so many bad ones. Hope you both get some sleep tonight o_O

I’m getting all excited about the meet ups, can’t believe it’s next week :eek: