Can I ... Should I?

Amy in the US

Feb 28, 2015
USA
Sam, all any of us can do is the best we can do, at that time, in those circumstances, knowing what we did.

I like the idea of diving into the hugs! Here are a few more for you:

((((((((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))))))))

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
You do not have to reply to this, Sam, but looking in to say i am thinking of you , knowing how much has to be organised
(((((((((((hugs)))))))))))

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
Morning @Slugsta

I certainly did exceed my expectations. Forcing both paramedic & GP to look into the puke bowl, which was across the room from me, without me gagging at the very thought if it even being there :rolleyes: She so wanted to be around Pooch, he was there all the time, snuggling up near her. I think I did ok :D

Mixed feelings for sure. I’m only worried that the closeness with brother will dissolve, he has to go back to his life & I have to find mine ... early days ... early days

The hug bank has held me up, thank you ;)

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
Morning @Moggymad

Thank you.

Don’t go making me into a saint. I ranted about her too. I know I would not have survived the last 3 weeks without my big brother. He has been the hero of the hour IMHO. He dropped everything, slept on a single bed & encouraged me to eat.

Pooch is just tired, bless him. We took him for a long walk on the seafront yesterday evening. I think it was good for the three of us. He’s going to have to get used to being on his own for an hour or so again. Apart from hospital visits to Mum, he’s not had that in months.

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
It was the speed of it that has rocked me @Amethyst59 A mere 6 months from walking Pooch twice a day, to passing away. I pretty much knew she was coming home to die this time.

I learnt so much from this site & used it where I thought it might help. Walking Mum to the bathroom & down the stairs I sang to her ... quietly... “let’s go for a little walk ..”. It made her laugh & she relaxed rather than getting cross that she couldn’t walk so well. We had a giggle going downstairs as we sang “one man & his dog” in a different language. (The cares we’re well puzzled)

Hugs bag being raided ... they really help. Thank you

love.dad.but..

Jan 16, 2014
Kent
Thinking of you this morning and popping by with a hug or 6! The special time spent just the 3 of you and pooch whilst very traumatic and upsetting at times gave you and your brother the unexpected opportunity to talk and perhaps gain a deeper understanding of each other as young siblings and now. Many siblings do not step up as your brother did and that mutual respect is a good base to work from. Your relationship may go from strength to strength from here. You will also draw comfort from even in adversity recalling the funny times with your mum

Mudgee Joy

Dec 26, 2017
New South Wales Australia
God bless you Sam. You have run the good race and can be proud and at peace with your efforts for your mum and for us - your extended family and friends. “Resting in heaven” is how I like to think of my mum and yours . MJ

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
Hi @rosy18

Mum always remembered Blackpool & often asked if I’d heard from you & @Margi29 , asked after your mums too.

Mum is in a better place, no more pain, she’s with dad, the man she loved most of her life. That has to be a good thing. The candle is indeed beautiful & brother being here is helping, as are the hugs o_O

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
Thank you @Primrose19, I’m touched at how many people have read my ranting & frustration, I just hope there have been some smiles & that some of what we went through will help others to know where to look & what key words to use.

I have good memories in there too, bartering for trinkets on our holiday, while Mum & I agreed prices in a language they didn’t know. Mum thought that was so funny. The staff broke a few rules (no reserving tables) so we could watch the entertainment without too many steps to navigate. Mum was treated so well by them

CeliaW

Jan 29, 2009
Hampshire
You are all still in my thoughts Sam. The days and weeks ahead will feel surreal.

Take care, more hugs for the hug bank xx