Can I ... Should I?

CeliaW

Jan 29, 2009
Hampshire
Good for the DN Sam but wrong she needed to do all the sorting and chasing - getting it right isn't rocket science. At least she took it off your shoulders so that's good.

I know you are expecting it but it must have been tough to actually hear it when the DN made her comment, big hugs.

Hope son gives you lots of hugs and support.

Take care xx

Margi29

Oct 31, 2016
Yorkshire
Just Popping in to say to say thinking of you through this heartbreaking situation x

I'm sure youngest will give loads of much needed hugs, your mum will be glad of a hug too x

Just having both your brother and son / sons around you will give you some strength, praying your mum is peaceful ( thank you DN ) and that a night sitting is arranged so you can have some rest.
Horrible time for you, you want your mum not to suffer anymore, but know the outcome.

I could just cry for you :(

Slugsta

Aug 25, 2015
South coast of England
Evening all,

Sam, I'm glad the DN has sorted things out for you - including the nystatin for the oral thrush. Of course, she shouldn't have needed to repair the GP damage . . .

You might find that the priest will come more often if you ask him.

It's so frustrating when someone else is 'on duty' but you still cannot rest because only you know how to do things :( I really hope you are able to get some proper sleep soon. There is a reason why sleep deprivation is used a a means of torture.

Sending you huuuuuuge, industrial strength, bone crushing ((((((hugs))))))

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
More (((((hugs)))))) from me
Well done that DN
Mum went down rapidly in her last year too. In her case a fall and fracture brought on final stages too. She also couldnt eat or drink without vomiting at the end - I think her body was rejecting it.

Amy in the US

Feb 28, 2015
USA
Oh, Sam, I'm so sorry.

Please have some more (((((((((hugs)))))))))) and there are plenty more whenever you like.

Others here know more than I but might it be time to ask about a syringe driver for morphine, or similar, to keep the pain under control?

The nurse sounds fantastic!

Don't hesitate to call the priest if you think it would give your mum comfort.

We are all thinking of you. Much love and more ((((((hugs)))))) for you all.

rosy18

Jul 23, 2016
Blackpool
Good morning Sam I do hope you have all had a peaceful night and your Mum is feeling comfortable, what a great DN, I do hope she can sort you a night sitter again your sleep is vital as you will be feeling sapped of energy.
Sam the Priest will come every day if you tell him your Mum would get comfort from that.
I'm thinking of you both and your family and pooch enjoy your hugs from them and Slugsta's hugs sound amazing.
Sending you more ((hugs)) and as much virtual support as possible. x

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
Hi @CeliaW

I knew that if I contacted the surgery I was going to lose my temper & it wouldn't get anything done, I wanted or hoped, the DN wouId get a better response. Bless her, she just got straight on the phone, but it was obvious it was testing her, but she kept pushing. It was a relief to have someone else fight that fight

Yes, I knew where we were at, but it is hard hearing it out loud. This only goes one way, I’m determined to face it head on, I’m not clinging to hope, I’m not “misunderstanding” & pretending to myself, they didn’t really mean that. My throat aches with the tears I can’t shed, can’t let out, but I keep smiling for mum. Plenty of time for that later.

Youngest has hugged the life out of me. He’s telling me to cry it out, but I can’t. But it does feel good to share the load for a few hours.

Mum is so pleased to see him, but it’s wearing her out. He’s leaving soon & she’s very shallow breathing & sleeping, but with her eyes partly open. I’m giving her a little space, she wants to be alone.

Earthgirl72

Feb 2, 2016
The tears will come when you're ready, and we will all be right here for you when they do. Sending tons of love and hugs your way xx

2jays

Jun 4, 2010
West Midlands
When it’s ok. Tears will come, be it today, tomorrow, next year..... they will come

I understand the feeling of an aching throat, feeling that to cry would ease it... but to cry would also release things that maybe isn’t the right time to be released,..

Still holding you very tight in my arms. I won’t let go until you tell me to. xxxx

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Thinking of you too Sam. It's the hardest of times to watch and wait. As others have said tears will come when the time is right for you. I'm glad you can share here.

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
Hi @Margi29

Youngest definately gives bone crushing hugs :), or very tender ones to mum ;) I did something very right with that one :cool:

It made such a difference having brother here so much this week. Last night the alcohol flowed & we ended up having a long conversation about our childhood, what we missed out on, how are parents were. I was embarrassed to be told he admires me :eek: Bragging to his nephew about his little sister :eek: That was an eye opener

Mum is really scared now. She cry’s quite a bit. She refused pain meds saying she couldn’t afford them. The DN told her it’s all free, then quietly told me, I should have been told, it’s under palliative care & no more bills.

Mums struggling to use the straw, so I’m syringing in water, liquid paracetamol (I blooming knew she needed it). Thank heavens for DN’s

She’s barely breathing, I have to really look to see if her chest rises at all. She wants to be alone, then she’s calling for me. It’s just horrid

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
Hi @Slugsta

Yesterday’s DN not only sorted the GP, but she is also trying to get a sitter ASAP. The 2 that came today were very sweet. Told me I’m doing a really good job & Mum is doing well. They are coming again in a few days & will be asking the Hospice to call tomorrow. The time between calls is reducing, so I guess that means mums time is too.

Nystatin, ah, that’s the stuff lol. She’s had some & I'm to administer it 4 times a day. My “nursing” skills are being increased :rolleyes:

I think I’ll call the priest next week, although the way she is today, I may not need to :(

Thank you for the hugs, my ribs are cracking, but I don't care :D

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
Hi @canary

Thank you, the hugs are welcome. It’s hard to think, in January she was walking Pooch twice a day ... a stroke, fall, then multiple falls & she’s struggling to breath. It’s just too quick to comprehend

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dorarosa