Can I ... Should I?

MollyD

Mar 27, 2016
Ireland
Ah, Margi glad you and your mum had fun at the quiz (shame that you were beaten by a point, you'll just have to swot harder for the next one to beat the pesky, I mean, lovely grandson). Moreso, it's lovely you found moral support in that person who recognized the subtle otracization of your poor mum. It's a relief, I suppose, that at least she herself isn't aware of it. Human nature can be both beautiful and damn ugly.

Sam, how are you getting on with those curtains and poles? Is your mum giving you a break before she wants them all changed again? Sigh. You have great patience and stamina.

Rosy, I read your update on jorgie's thread, hope you and your mum have a more restful night.

Apparently the wild winds here are some side swipe from Hurricane Doris no less! Doris, Doris, who the **** is Doris?

Slugsta

Aug 25, 2015
South coast of England
Evening all,

Have just caught up with your tales of quizzing, UTIs, DIY and dirty dogs. It sounds as if you have all had fun, of one kind or another.

Sam, your GSD sounds adorable, they are one of my favourite breeds (don't have a dog but love them) :)

We are lucky enough to be just a few miles from the sea - but rarely visit.

Mum moved into a Care Home today. It seemed to go well and she was generally calm - but I still came away feeling like a traitor! :( Hubby and I are off on our hols tomorrow so I won't 'see' you all again until March 6th :)

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
Evening all,

Have just caught up with your tales of quizzing, UTIs, DIY and dirty dogs. It sounds as if you have all had fun, of one kind or another.

Sam, your GSD sounds adorable, they are one of my favourite breeds (don't have a dog but love them) :)

Mum moved into a Care Home today. It seemed to go well and she was generally calm - but I still came away feeling like a traitor! :( Hubby and I are off onn our hols tomorrow so I won't 'see' you all again until March 6th :)

I adore GSD's, had two in my childhood, then rescued Z & he grew up with my youngest. He scared the bejeebers out of callers, but would lick you to death if I said you were ok :D

The husband & eldest were nervous on meeting him, youngest at 5 (same age as Z), & I were in love :D. He was long haired, black n tan & adorable. Trying not to dissolve into fits of giggles as he pounced on and off the sofa, while racing round the lounge was difficult. Then he'd roll over fir tummy tickles. With tongue lolling out & a massive black birthmark showing :D. I adored him :)

I should visit the seafront more, it's a 4 minute walk, but I drive along it most days, love looking at the waves :)

You do know it's the right thing, the best thing, the caringest (is that a word? I just know it should be!!), you know she's safe, you know she's looked after, you know she's not alone. It's still caring, just in another way. Someone has the GM pointy stick, pinch it & poke that nasty piece of work right in the eye

Now off you go. Drive, fly, cruise your way to a break. You need it. You've more than earned it. Have fun & don't think of us till after you are back ;)

Have fun

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
Ah, Margi glad you and your mum had fun at the quiz (shame that you were beaten by a point, you'll just have to swot harder for the next one to beat the pesky, I mean, lovely grandson). Moreso, it's lovely you found moral support in that person who recognized the subtle otracization of your poor mum. It's a relief, I suppose, that at least she herself isn't aware of it. Human nature can be both beautiful and damn ugly.

Sam, how are you getting on with those curtains and poles? Is your mum giving you a break before she wants them all changed again? Sigh. You have great patience and stamina.

Rosy, I read your update on jorgie's thread, hope you and your mum have a more restful night.

Apparently the wild winds here are some side swipe from Hurricane Doris no less! Doris, Doris, who the **** is Doris?

Evening / Morning Molly :)

I told mum I was having a day off from E V E R Y T H I N G today. I ache in places I didn't know I had :(. Stopped the painkillers as taking cold n flu tabs, lifting arm above shoulder to drill (ouch), screw ( :eek:) , & lift ... not the best idea. Even driving was painful.

I think I'll do the bathroom replacement slowly over the week, then (for a change) leave my room for "another tine"

I thought they'd said Doris wasn't strong enough to be anything other than "normal" for the time if year & not even a storm proper. Now she's a hurricane ???? :eek: what a name. Doris. They could have called her Diedra or Dorothy or just about anything, even Dementia would have been a better "cross" name, but Doris???

Tillyann

Nov 14, 2016
CHESHIRE
[QUOTE =Margi29;1382061]Hi everyone

Back in action tomorrow :eek:

It's the quiz again at mums place :D

So I will share a paper with mum and go head to head with the few residents that participate in the quiz.

We all put a £1.00 in kitty and whoever wins bags the kitty ;)

Last time we were beat by one point, ( didn't really help when mum shouted out answers to some questions )

I'm not bad at general knowledge, but was caught out by one point last time :D
Then mum called man who won a naughty name !!!

Anyhow it is quite ' clicky ' and I noticed last time that mum was told where to sit ( not near little group of regular players) because mum has dementia, she did not notice she was been left out :eek:

I actually think some who know mum has dementia are frightened of either catching it or having any communication with her !!

So the daughter from h*ll is returning tomorrow, nobody leaves my mum out and I will always be there for her ( even though she can drive me mad )

So wish me luck :D although as old as this group is ( eighties and ninetys ) they are a bright bunch of golden oldies lol x[/QUOTE]

I've Experienced the same thing Margi29 cliques and exclusion like dementia is catching. But like you I push on and will make sure she is included. I've been lucky so far that her lunch club are accepting her and don't make her feel Uncomfortable when she is a bit 'wiffy'.
Good luck at the quiz and stuff em [emoji106]

P[emoji68]*[emoji335][emoji190]

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
I think I should head out for a walk, before the weather closes in! But I appear to be very lazy and stuck to my chair! I have a slow-cooker full of scotch broth made, which cooked overnight, so I'm good for the next couple of days with meals. Might throw another loaf in the machine though and put it in the freezer. And might walk in town, rather than the beach today - what with the wind rising off the sea! Was bad enough out there yesterday! With old sourpuss Doris approaching, I don't want to get sand-blasted!

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
I think I should head out for a walk, before the weather closes in! But I appear to be very lazy and stuck to my chair! I have a slow-cooker full of scotch broth made, which cooked overnight, so I'm good for the next couple of days with meals. Might throw another loaf in the machine though and put it in the freezer. And might walk in town, rather than the beach today - what with the wind rising off the sea! Was bad enough out there yesterday! With old sourpuss Doris approaching, I don't want to get sand-blasted!

Morning LadyA ;)

I couldn't sleep & only went to bed at 3am as it was just daft to still be up :eek: , now trying to motivate for work!! Not easy when I have to sit around with my foot wrapped in a towel, toe poking out to "air dry", I'm bored of this and it's still another 4 weeks before it should be healed :(

I keep looking at the machine & thinking how nice a loaf of home made bread would be, need to find the recipe & instruction book from wherever mum has tidied it to though, can I pinch a loaf off you please :D

No wind here, but getting a bit of a nip in the air, so not planning any seaside walks, it was blooming freezing taking the dog out for his late night walk last night :(

Roll on Spring :)

cragmaid

Oct 18, 2010
North East England
sourpuss Doris
.... one of my Daughter's cats is called Doris.... he is a boy cat ( well he was pre-op:eek:)

Wonder what it is about quizzes..... the pub quiz we used to do was incredibly cliquey...:eek:we were asked not to enter one week having won the previous 4 weeks....hardly our fault if we were brilliant:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::D:D:D:D

CeliaW

Jan 29, 2009
Hampshire
Morning LadyA ;)

I couldn't sleep & only went to bed at 3am as it was just daft to still be up :eek: , now trying to motivate for work!! Not easy when I have to sit around with my foot wrapped in a towel, toe poking out to "air dry", I'm bored of this and it's still another 4 weeks before it should be healed :(

I keep looking at the machine & thinking how nice a loaf of home made bread would be, need to find the recipe & instruction book from wherever mum has tidied it to though, can I pinch a loaf off you please :D

No wind here, but getting a bit of a nip in the air, so not planning any seaside walks, it was blooming freezing taking the dog out for his late night walk last night :(

Roll on Spring :)
Worth a look here?

http://www.manualsonline.com/

Sent from my SM-T310 using Talking Point mobile app

Margi29

Oct 31, 2016
Yorkshire
Margie sounds like that small group of people are quite nasty where your Mum is but with you and your family supporting your Mum I'm hoping she won't notice their behavior.

Well your hols are getting closer bet your on countdown now and just want to be on your way I used to get sooooo excited before a holiday I was like a little child. It will be good for you to chill and relax x

Hi Rosy

Yes am on a count down now to getting away :D

I will dig my heels in and continue to go with mum, she needs to keep interacting with others and not just us. Am glad she hasn't noticed some are so ignorant.

I won't let them put me off :eek: x

Margi29

Oct 31, 2016
Yorkshire

Good to hear from you Molly , hope you are well ??

Yes human nature is a wonder :eek: you would think by the time certain people reached the age of 70s 80s and 90s they may have more compassion.

I have always fought mums corner ( even though she can drive me to dispear) and always will. She had a terrible childhood, not good parents etc... and I watch over her now x

Margi29

Oct 31, 2016
Yorkshire
Evening all,

Mum moved into a Care Home today. It seemed to go well and she was generally calm - but I still came away feeling like a traitor! :( Hubby and I are off on our hols tomorrow so I won't 'see' you all again until March 6th :)

Enjoy your holiday, a well deserved rest x

Margi29

Oct 31, 2016
Yorkshire
Evening / Morning Molly :)

I told mum I was having a day off from E V E R Y T H I N G today. I ache in places I didn't know I had :(. Stopped the painkillers as taking cold n flu tabs, lifting arm above shoulder to drill (ouch), screw ( :eek:) , & lift ... not the best idea. Even driving was painful.

I think I'll do the bathroom replacement slowly over the week, then (for a change) leave my room for "another tine"

I thought they'd said Doris wasn't strong enough to be anything other than "normal" for the time if year & not even a storm proper. Now she's a hurricane ???? :eek: what a name. Doris. They could have called her Diedra or Dorothy or just about anything, even Dementia would have been a better "cross" name, but Doris???

We are still waiting for Doris to arrive up here :eek:

Margi29

Oct 31, 2016
Yorkshire
[QUOTE =Margi29;1382061]Hi everyone

Back in action tomorrow :eek:

It's the quiz again at mums place :D

So I will share a paper with mum and go head to head with the few residents that participate in the quiz.

We all put a £1.00 in kitty and whoever wins bags the kitty ;)

Last time we were beat by one point, ( didn't really help when mum shouted out answers to some questions )

I'm not bad at general knowledge, but was caught out by one point last time :D
Then mum called man who won a naughty name !!!

Anyhow it is quite ' clicky ' and I noticed last time that mum was told where to sit ( not near little group of regular players) because mum has dementia, she did not notice she was been left out :eek:

I actually think some who know mum has dementia are frightened of either catching it or having any communication with her !!

So the daughter from h*ll is returning tomorrow, nobody leaves my mum out and I will always be there for her ( even though she can drive me mad )

So wish me luck :D although as old as this group is ( eighties and ninetys ) they are a bright bunch of golden oldies lol x

I've Experienced the same thing Margi29 cliques and exclusion like dementia is catching. But like you I push on and will make sure she is included. I've been lucky so far that her lunch club are accepting her and don't make her feel Uncomfortable when she is a bit 'wiffy'.
Good luck at the quiz and stuff em [emoji106]

P[emoji68]*[emoji335][emoji190][/QUOTE]

Yes exactly ' stuff em ' :D I refuse to be put off :eek:

Margi29

Oct 31, 2016
Yorkshire

The scotch broth sounds lovely, send some for me while I'm working nights :D

Am still waiting for Doris :D

Margi29

Oct 31, 2016
Yorkshire
.... one of my Daughter's cats is called Doris.... he is a boy cat ( well he was pre-op:eek:)

Wonder what it is about quizzes..... the pub quiz we used to do was incredibly cliquey...:eek:we were asked not to enter one week having won the previous 4 weeks....hardly our fault if we were brilliant:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::D:D:D:D

When I am doing quiz next I need you and your team at mums !!

Wow, now that would really be a funny scenario :D

They would probably throw the coffee and cake at you all lol x

jugglingmum

Jan 5, 2014
Chester
Worth a look here?

http://www.manualsonline.com/

Sent from my SM-T310 using Talking Point mobile app

I just google the model of whatever it is I need to know what to do with and find something.

Washing machine had a red light come on last night, and was going to google but remembered where manual was, as it was only delivered in Jan, red light indicated I needed to run the 'cleaning' cycle - which I thought it did. And clean the filter - 3 sweet wrappers in that!

Our dog is a collie, got her when she was 1 as a rescue and she is 13 now, she can only walk for an hour, we all miss long walks with her.

Stony shelving beaches - I have childhood memories of swimming at high tide with waves coming in on a stony beach with a good shelve on it, stones disappeared under your feet as you tried to walk up, I think it was Eastbourne, but may have been Pevensey, or somewhere else, I am sure it was South Coast.