Can I ... Should I?

Discussion in 'I care for a person with dementia' started by Sam Luvit, Oct 26, 2016.

1. charlie10

charlie10 Registered User

Dec 20, 2018
    "The hardest part is working out what to paint, in what order, so Pooch doesn’t get near it :eek: I don’t think “glossed” Pooch wouId be a good look :rolleyes:'

We've got painters in the house (fortunately sent by insurers after a leak) and I've got 'gates' (large bits of cardboard) across doorways to keep the dogs out....the painters aren't too amused about having to navigate them and we already have a noseprint! (checked noses and no sign of paint....maybe wiped it off on the carpet :rolleyes:). Trying not to make them spend all day either locked up or on their own in the garden (that's the dogs, not the painters.....although.....:D )

Hope you finish soon and baby girl rewards you with cuddles and dry nappies ;)

2. Sam Luvit

Sam Luvit Registered User

Oct 19, 2016
    East Sussex
    I have the same @charlie10 ... I shield one side of the door while painting, then open it & put a stool in front so Pooch can’t knock it, I’ve had a piece of MDF across a doorway to stop Pooch walking into a room & rubbing against the door frame :rolleyes:

Pooch is so insistent on being near me, I’m convinced a paint can will be upended soon :eek:

I hope your leak wasn’t too bad ;) Shortly after they moved here, the shower poured through into the kitchen, I don’t fancy that one, but some friends were flooded a few years ago, the whole downstairs :eek: with burst river banks :(

If the painters aren’t happy ... they can go in the garden :D

6’ Louvre doors, I did one side of one today with a side of one door & a door frame. I think I’m flagging

3. Slugsta

Slugsta Registered User

Sam, it sounds as if you are pushing yourself hard - as usual! At least it isn't long until you get lovely baby cuddles :)

4. Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
    East Sussex
    Hi @Slugsta

It’s the only way I know :rolleyes: I’m not finished, but I’ve done a lot. Tomorrow is clear up & anticipate the cuddles day :D

Tomorrow is also bath Pooch day ... he needs a freshen up :eek:

5. Slugsta

Slugsta Registered User

I hope bathing Pooch didn't render you wetter than him! :)

6. Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
    East Sussex
    To be honest @Slugsta he was very good in the bath, but a nightmare after it. For the 3 years we’ve had him, he has always dried himself by rolling around on a large towel

Not this time. He sat on the towel & just looked at me. No matter what I did or said, he wouldn’t budge. Of course, he had to do this on a day when I couldn’t find mums hairdryer (I don't use one). So, I was trying to mop floors etc, hunting for the missing hairdryer (still missing) & getting quiet cross

However ... Baby Girl is here :D She’s adorable of course :p Not only have I had cuddles, but I’ve even fed her :) Yay. Nana Sam is well happy

7. Slugsta

Slugsta Registered User

Please give that little girl an extra cuddle from me :)

8. Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
    East Sussex
    :)