Can I ... Should I?

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
Sleep wouId be amazing @Amy in the US ... although I woke early this morning, I went back to bed & got up this afternoon :eek: I don’t think I’ve done that since college :eek:

Pooch bought me his teddy when I settled with rubbish TV. He cuddled for a while, then got down, but left me his teddy :)

I’m watching Deja Vu with Denzel Washington, it’s rather good :D

Last edited:

rosy18

Jul 23, 2016
Blackpool
Sorry to read you're not feeling well Sam So many people seem to have the dreaded lurgy atm. Stay warm and drink lots of fluids. Squeeze some lemons in hot water with some honey always makes me feel better or maybe it's the whisky I add to it as well.:D Big ((hugs))

Toony Oony

Jun 21, 2016
Hi @Sam Luvit - poor you. Bit of fellow feeling as I have had a disgusting cold for the past few days. I had one over Xmas too so am feeling a bit hard done by.Thankfully I am well on the mend now.

Here's my cough suggestion ......... Vicks on the soles of your feet. Both my daughter and I do this and it helps (also makes your feet nice and soft!)

Hope you feel much better soon

XX

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
Hi @Toony Oony

I don't often get colds, but when I do ...:eek: good that you are on the mend. I’ve kept to myself as don’t want to pass this on, but I too felt a bit hard done by, I’ve too much to get done to be holed up feeling sorry for myself :rolleyes:, but I’ve wallowed a bit :eek:

I’d forgotten the Vicks trick :rolleyes:, I even found a jar last week & carefully put it away in its “proper” place ... but not in my feet. I’ll have to go dig it out & try that.

Meanwhile, I’ve been slowly sanding & painting the boxes for under bed storage. I’ve irdered more wheels, which should be arriving this week, so my sorting is moving along slowly

I’m having a new back door fitted this week, so that should stop it sticking in the damp & the cold draughts coming through. I won’t make the money back, but I figured a sticking door won’t help with a sale

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
The coughing is easing. Ive found 3 bottles of various cough syrups (all unopened) & am trying a mixture of then. The Vicks is so well hidden I’ve yet to find it :rolleyes:

My future is still hypothetical. It all depends on selling the house & how much for ....

My options are extensive, yet limited :eek: I wish I could make real plans

rosy18

Jul 23, 2016
Blackpool
Hope you're feeling better Sam. I could do with Pooch to snuggle up to to keep warm. The last couple of days have been freezing here. I opened the back door yesterday morning went to step out to take the rubbish bag, next thing I know I'm flat on my back, the step was like an ice rink. After much cursing I slowly got up praying everything was in tact. Apart from a painful knee when I bend my leg and I don't know why but my neck is sore too I've lived to tell the tale. I'll not be stepping foot outside until it warms up a bit. Hope everyone is keeping warm and staying safe, black ice is so dangerous :eek:

Slugsta

Aug 25, 2015
South coast of England
Ouchy Rosy! (((hugs))) I suspect you probably sustained a bit of 'whiplash' when you fell, which is why your neck is sore. Please look after yourself, you are likely to feel more sore over the next day or so :(

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
Hi @rosy18

It’s been very cold here too, the grass has that white frosting on it, but I’ve not seen any ice so far. I slipped on some 2 years ago & jarred my shoulder, so I look very carefully in cold weather. I think it’s the shock of suddenly finding yourself flat on your back as much as the ensuing pain, that’s hard to handle. Please take care of yourself.

The physio told me the fall sent all my joint into spasms, so pain radiated & referred all over. This could be why you have neck pain too. Whatever the explanation, try to keep warm & upright :rolleyes:

Pooch is not impressed with the cold. He seems to spend all day curled up in his bed, draped across me or snuggled in by me ... with a waving paw to return my hand to tickling his tummy :D He has the right idea :)

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
Hi @Slugsta

I’m trying to motivate, I’ve had a new double glazed back door fitted this week & I've been looking for undercoat to make a start on whitening the dark woodwork downstairs. Sometime in the next week I will need to start on sorting a new agent & get the house back on the market :(

Meanwhile ... it’s that time of year where I’m being asked about tax .... why do I let myself get talked into helping others sort their mess??? I spent a day updating a spreadsheet for someone to make it easy for them, only to be told they didn’t think they wouId bother :eek: You just can’t help some people :rolleyes:

Slugsta

Aug 25, 2015
South coast of England
Afternoon all,

Sam, how aggravating to have spent your time trying to help someone, only to be told they are not going to 'bother'! :mad: My financial affairs are pretty straightforward but, even so, my self-assessment involves much weeping and gnashing of teeth! :oops: My Thursday Man is an accountant but I don't ask him more than very basic questions as I don't want to take advantage of people.

OH and I have been out for lunch, 40% off mains courtesy of Groupon :) and have also priced up carpets. We have had 2 years out of these since we moved in but they are not the most practical (they are cream) especially with 2 black cats. Amazingly, we found something we agreed on! Just have to wait for the money to arrive (we are in the process of selling an asset) . . .

It hasn't been terribly cold here and temps are forecast to reach 11C today.

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
Afternoon @Slugsta

I’ll admit to being less than impressed, I’d spent several hours, adding in a page with explanations of what to put where, making sure all the “sums” were relevant to the tax return “boxes” etc. It’s set up so it can grow with the business easily. Allowing them to see trends on sales, profits etc. To then be told ... not going to bother :mad:

The sheet is set up for basic business / contracting, not pensions & other investments. If it wouId help I’m happy to email over a copy, I use a cheap bit of software that submits to HMRC, which I can let you know about if it helps :D

I like helping out, I work on the “pay it forward” idea :rolleyes: I help you, you help someone, who helps someone & maybe, one day, someone helps me. :)

Wow. Is it really two years? I remember the drama of your kitchen cupboards falling off. Did you get anything back, or just move on?

I’d love to recarpet the house, but it wouId be an expense too far right now. I’m sure it would lift the decor, but it wouId drain the bank :rolleyes:

Apparently it’s 7* & raining today. I managed to skip the rain when Pooch went out, but I’ve got to shop ... so I’ll probably get caught. We are expecting snow on Tuesday, but just a slight dusting by the sounds of it. I expect the shop shelves will be empty tomorrow as the masses panic :D I just need washing up liquid. Can’t believe I ran out. :eek: I was sure there was at least one spare bottle, but I was wrong, so I’ve a few dishes from last night & this morning :(

Slugsta

Aug 25, 2015
South coast of England
Afternoon all,

Yes Sam, we moved here in April 2017 :) We got the kitchen units put back on the wall by the same person - the choice was that or pay someone else to do it. We stood behind him and checked he was using the correct fixings! Horrid man, didn't apologise, was still saying that we must have pulled them off (why in heaven's name would we have done that??) :mad:

WE are in the process of realising some cash and I would rather spend what we are going to before it is put into the ISA - I don't like drawing savings out unless 100% necessary. So, we probably won't actually put much away but we will have done what we need to (paying this year's holiday, buying me a powerchair, possibly paying off a loan etc).

It's mild and wet here again, sooooo grey and miserable :(