Can I ... Should I?

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
Morning @jugglingmum

I really must get some sleep ... that wouId be so nice :rolleyes:

Much to the husbands disgust, I said I didn’t want to know & he wasn’t to be told :D I’d heard a few horror stories of people being told they were having a girl, but had a boy & visa versa, I didn’t want that :eek: Both were a surprise :p

Brother was an emergency C section. I don't know about me. That’s just occurred to me :rolleyes: Mum never said anything about me

Slugsta

Aug 25, 2015
South coast of England
Morning all,

Am having difficulty typing as Sky-cat is lying on my chest and comp is alongside me. Sky had what seems to be a partial seizure the other day and is only just starting to forgive me for taking her to the v e t!

When I had my son my waters broke around 8pm and hosp insisted I should go in, even though I wasn't having many contractions. I was pressurised into having a drip to speed things up and son appeared around 2am. I swore I would do many things differently 'next time' but never had that second chance.

jugglingmum

Jan 5, 2014
Chester
I was an emergency C section, my brother who is younger than me, was a natural delivery.

I have a complex history as far as pregnancy is concerned so I had weekly scans and monitoring from 20 weeks with son (monthly with dau from 20 weeks) - it is very very hard not to see what sex it is at 37 weeks - every time we went in after 30 weeks the lady doing the scan breathed a huge sigh of relief when we said we knew the sex.

With our first son, stillborn, OH didn't want to know the sex so we didn't find out. He was born naturally (we knew already he was stillborn and I was induced). I was induced for dau, which was long and complex and ended in a C section, hence son was a planned C section.

I do emphasise that my issues are unusual (3 miscarriages between dau and son, likely a clotting issue which likely caused stillbirth as well) as I don't like people getting worried. I do say I am lucky to have any children, let alone 2. We have met at the baby cemetery women who have had multiple miscarriages and stillbirths and they are so distraught. Ignorance is bliss, I got pregnant straight away with both first son, and then dau, whose birthday is a year and a week after first son, we didn't know until miscarriages that in reality there was an issue.

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
I hope Skycat is recovering well with lots of @Slugsta cuddles. Pooch grumbles at me every time I go out of the room, then leaps up to pin me down if I sit. Pets :rolleyes: Lovely, but so hard to get anything done :D

I was a 2 minute taxi ride from the hospital, so they were happy for me to stay home till the contractions got closer. They seem to ship them in at a moments notice these days :eek:

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
With our first son, stillborn, OH didn't want to know the sex so we didn't find out. He was born naturally (we knew already he was stillborn and I was induced). .

I had a miscarriage before eldest & anoth in between them. Threatened miscarriage at just after 12 weeks with both .. so closely monitored @jugglingmum. The hardest part was going for scans early on (I didn’t show at all till nearly 20 weeks), the nurses chatted about me “she’s the one who we have to watch, already lost one & this one might not make it”. I didn’t need that pressure.

I’d already been told the likelihood of me getting pregnant was slim to none, so I’m grateful to have my two, although I was pregnant, not having a baby, all through my first time, it was the only way I could cope, till they told me at 7 months that the baby wouId probably survive if I went into labour “from now”. Not a great way to reassure me :rolleyes:

I’m so sorry about your first born. I can’t imagine how painful that must have been, or still is. Thankfully things have moved on in the treatment of families who go through this. Hugs ;)

Slugsta

Aug 25, 2015
South coast of England
Thank you all - Sky has recovered completely with no apparent ill-effects. We have increased her steroid dosage slightly (we were reducing with a view to stopping) and will see how she goes. With hindsight, this was the second such 'episode' so we are really hoping that putting the steroid dose up again does the trick.

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
Sam, I'm sorry, I missed your post just before mine. I must have seemed very insensitive, going on about Sky when you had just been talking about losing babies :(

Don’t be daft @Slugsta I didn’t think anything if the kind ... I’m just rabbiting on while I wait for my baby’s baby to put in an appearance :D

Slugsta

Aug 25, 2015
South coast of England
Morning all,

It was something of a shock when my alarm went off at 6.50 this morning! Thankfully, the water in the pool was warmish. I know it won't take long for me to get back into the swing of things, I am looking forward to choir re-starting this week too.

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
My kitchen now looks like a painting workshop & my bedroom floor is strewn with the contents of 3 storage boxes :rolleyes: I’ve painted 2 large boxes & labeled one as “Christmas”, the other I’m not sure of whether to use it for stationary (of which I have loads) or games (which are bulky). I’ve only completed one of the underbed boxes, I have 5 partly completed in the kitchen.

If madam grandchild appears in the next 24 hours .... the house will be a mess. If not, I should get some order out if the present mess & more filling for the charity bags. Either way, I should be feeling better by tomorrow evening

I tried painting the labels, but it was a disaster, so I improvised & outlined in permanent marker & filled in with nail varnish. It looks pretty good.

It’s kept me out of mischief for another day & achieving something has lifted my spirits. So, all in all, it’s been a therapeutic exercise :D

My FB memories this morning included a post I made about mum going into A&E, so exactly one year since her stroke. It’s hard to believe the rapid downward spiral that started, was a mere 12 months ago :(

CeliaW

Jan 29, 2009
Hampshire
Anniversaries of any sort are always difficult and especially when coloured by how much changed in that time Supportive hugs popped in your hug bank.

Sounds as though you are making great strides in sorting things, wish I was the same but my get up and go seems to have got up and gone!

Hope there is soon a new addition to the family and all is well. (Have been reading but rarely posting lately but do think of everyone I've got to know here)

Take care x

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
Morning @CeliaW :)

It’s lovely to see you :D & thank you for the hugs n good wishes, they mean a lot

I thought mums stroke would just add another dimension to the Alzheimers, instead of which, her GP failing to change her meds (as per the Consultant) led to the slight bleed on the brain, becoming innumerable & her death. That’s a hard pill to swallow :(

That made me smile, as I thought of the full verse, I have indeed been to many places, visited many people & done things with my life I didn’t think I could.

I’m fully aware that my youth has been spent
My get up & go has got up & went
But I really don’t mind, when I think with a grin
Of all the great places my get up has been

I figured that baby girl has mimic’d my youngest through the pregnancy ... stretching, demanding food all day long, refusing to move for others to feel but bouncing so just I can & of course always wanting a lift just as I’ve made a coffee. So I got busy, with a 3 day project, loads of mess & expected her to decide to make an appearance mid way. They are at the hospital waiting to see about being induced ....

So, here I am, showered, wet hair, figuring out how much I can clear, if I have time to bath Pooch or if I should just mosey on with getting breakfast o_O

They are not telling anyone till later, so I can’t tell anyone in real life

Last edited:

love.dad.but..

Jan 16, 2014
Kent
I was induced with first child and the contractions were like 0-60mph from the off and still took 48 hours so hope she has a better experience. First child 3 weeks early but waters had gone and no sign of labour hence induced. 2nd child 2 weeks late but opted for epidural as chickened out after first experience.

Hoping for some good news from you as soon as.

I am also joining the grandma club in April so have this to come. My son and DIL didn't opt to know the sex...seems quite in a minority these days. We didn't have a choice to find out in my day and I think I still prefer that.

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
Aunty M’s daughter had a bouncing baby boy on the 7th, she was due a week after youngest was due. She’s sent me some photos & says she can’t wait for me to meet him :D It’s going to be a busy time

Meanwhile, I’ve finished painting the 5 boxes. I’m sorting out the Christmas box & 2 others that have now dried. No news so far. I’ve stopped for a coffee while I work out what to do next

I’m not the most patient person & this is beyond frustrating :rolleyes:

jugglingmum

Jan 5, 2014
Chester
With dau I was induced on the Wed (I think could have been Tuesday - all blurs a bit) and she finally made an appearance in the early hours of Saturday via C section.

As far as I am aware if they are thinking of inducing you have an appointment to discuss and then go back the next day or maybe later to be induced, so it could be a while yet.

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
Thanks @jugglingmum ... I guess I’ll keep on sorting. I will have to motivate to bath Pooch. He’s upset enough with me today, so thus will realy make his day :rolleyes: He’s pretty good once he’s in, but we do have a laugh getting him up the stairs. He seems to guess what’s coming and just won’t budge

Pooch is curled up in his basket cuddling mums blanket. At least he’s not snoring :D