Can I ... Should I?

Slugsta

Aug 25, 2015
South coast of England
Evening all,

Sam, I hope that the viewing went well (they don't have to buy, just be pleasant and not waste your time) and the Pooch settles down without further dirty protest.

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
I’m absolutely spitting over the viewing. :mad::mad::mad: @Slugsta

To set the scene ... they prefer for me to go out with Pooch, but they don’t bother to call & let me know I can go home. I’ve mentioned this a few times. I commented that nothing had shown on the Ring Doorbell for the second viewing (as I didn't believe anyone came), so they know there is CCTV & there is a notice telling you as you walk up the path .. so totally legal to video them ..

Viewing booked for 14.30. Agent arrives at 14.15 (glad I’d left early). At 14.20 she stepped out the house obviously cross & texting on her phone, checking watch etc. Same again at 14.25, when she walked away from the house

14.45, she appears again, with viewers ... this is what I heard on the 3 times she stepped out the house & set off the motion detector ...

(The front & back door are more or less side by side :rolleyes:, we only use one door & I gave them the key to one door)

Agent - This is the front door, but we can’t go in through that
Viewer - Why
Agent - there’s loads of stuff piled up in the way, but we can go in through this door
Viewer - Haven’t they cleared everything out
Agent - I think one of them might have died

What??? Do you normally go to buy a house that is totally empty???? Don't people live in their house till it’s sold or have I missed house selling 101??

Agent - it’s a bit of a strange one this one

Errr. What’s strange about a house being sold & why would you says it’s strange if you want to sell it?

They come out a bit later

Agent - ummm, I think the garden out the front is part of it. You have access through there

Yes you dozy tart, that is part of the property

A bit later,

Agent - I can’t see a flu, but there are controls that seem to be for central heating, so there must be a boiler. There is something up there, but it just seems to be hanging

Not much point in my telling them a brand new, top of the range, all singing, all dancing boiler was fitted 7 months ago then. The flu is not “hanging” it’s coming out of the wall behind the boiler, which is in the loft, LIKE I TOLD THEM.

So. All the selling points I thought were important .. the new boiler, the upgraded doubled glazing, new downstairs bathroom, were all swept aside with a “hanging off flu”. As they are leaving she’s asking if they want to see inside the garage ... I didn’t give them the key, so she can’t show them :eek:

I can’t see this going anywhere :mad:

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
They don't want Pooch there, so I need to take him out. I get that some people don’t like or are afraid of dogs :rolleyes:, I can’t guarentee to get a Pooch sitter for an hour at short notice

I sure couldn't do any worse than they are doing @try again

love.dad.but..

Jan 16, 2014
Kent
Change agents...you have to have confidence in all their staff handling viewings that they know your property and its selling points and give out positive vibes not negatives. Most unimpressed. I had a couple of run ins with both agents for dad's house but the second was better than the first and achieved a sale.

love.dad.but..

Jan 16, 2014
Kent
Oh yes..@Slugsta has made a good point..how long have you signed up to the current ones? I changed as soon as the agreement time had been reached.

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
Agents will be changed this week @love.dad.but.. I sold mine through Purple Bricks, M who handled it was brilliant, entusiatic & sold it within days. Considering that I handed him the keys 2 weeks after resigning from one job & a week before starting the next, he just listened & got on with it

I feel totally let down. No wonder local agents are suffering if this is how they “sell” :(

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sharonmatthews1976