Can I ... Should I?

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
I think I just break prep down into days. So I’ll fill holes at the end of a day, so it dries overnight. Then walk away & get on with other stuff. I sand & paint the next day, in between doing other things. I work on it taking 5 days to get the room painted, it’s a long time, but I might be making curtains, or cushion covers in between, so when it’s painted, there’s no delay setting it all up. Overall, I think it takes the same time, but I’m less stressed

Yes, the Probate letter was pretty underwhelming o_O

Margi29

Oct 31, 2016
Yorkshire
The breakfast room had its first coat of paint yesterday. I didn’t realise how dark the pale yellow was, until I’d given it a first thin white coat. It was certainly lighter in here last night

However, this morning I’ve had a revelation. This “distressed” look that’s so fashionable. I’ve decided it’s come into being by people doing a first coat, leaving lots of patches & they’ve decided that’s fashionable :rolleyes:

I have a distressed breakfast room :D
I've had many distressed rooms, until daughter married a good decorator :eek:;)

Margi29

Oct 31, 2016
Yorkshire
Mc millan day today at mums complex :)

Sister and myself did the sausage sandwichs ( £1 with a cup of tea or coffee)
Some people are not very good at contributions to such a good cause :mad:

Actually asking, is there a fried egg in there too ???? if looks could kill, quite a few would have dropped today due to my face :mad::eek:

On a good note £325.00 raised :)

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
Morning @Margi29

Urrggg. I was up late, slept badly & woke early. Unfortunately I turned over & then slept in :rolleyes: I got up to find Pooch has pooed & peed on the carpet. :eek: He didn’t try to get me up, just got off my bed & did his business & then got back on :mad:

He’s outside now :(

Painting is the last thing on my mind o_O

love.dad.but..

Jan 16, 2014
Kent
Morning @Margi29

Urrggg. I was up late, slept badly & woke early. Unfortunately I turned over & then slept in :rolleyes: I got up to find Pooch has pooed & peed on the carpet. :eek: He didn’t try to get me up, just got off my bed & did his business & then got back on :mad:

He’s outside now :(

Painting is the last thing on my mind o_O
I can empathise with you on lack of sleep...last night for whatever reason my brain wouldn't switch off...I don't sleep that well these days...but it was 4am and in my spare room before I finally nodded off. Was even thinking of getting up doing jobs and writing off sleep as a non starter but it would have disturbed snoring OH :mad:

rosy18

Jul 23, 2016
Blackpool
Seems sleep was a lost cause for a lot of us last night:( Mum decided to whisper the weirdest of things most of the night with her eyes closed. I was ironing in the bedroom at 4am and just throwing in the occasional yes and umm to Mum. Mums fast asleep now in her new riser recliner makes getting Mum up a little easier when I'm on my own I'm pleased to say.
Sam you have achieved so much in such a short space of time you really should be chuffed with yourself. I painted all the fencing last week whilst the weather was good. I had some respite hours left so thought I'd use them doing that. Have to say I was shattered after doing it. I think knowing I had a dead line to get it done wore me out:eek: Anyway it's done and looks better:)
Pooch was making the most of the lie in Sam just a shame he couldn't wait for his walk:oops:
Well done Margie you raised a good amount..some people just never fail to surprise you, they seem to forget that your trying to raise money for a very good cause.
Hope your lovely Mum has stopped her little jaunts out and picking up a bit of eye candy;)
Miserable day weather wise here today very windy.
Have a good a weekend as poss everyone:)

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
Well after a bad night & additional clean up duties, I wasn’t feeling up to doing much. Not helped by J popping round & asking if I’d just got up ... errr no ... been up for a few hours, just not slept much

Anyway, a bit of essential shopping (food), I figured I’d keep to my “do something every day” & got out the paint. Once started, I got into the rhythm & got a second coat on 2 walls & up to the doorway of the third. I sat with a very welcome mug of coffee, figuring that was enough for now, when the phone rang.

Tempted though I was to tell them where to go at 16.30, I agreed to a viewing tomorrow. This meant that although I’d done 4 hours of painting, I had to go in & carry on, finish the third wall, wipe down surfaces, pull off the masking tape, wash, clean & “dress” the room. I’m .. ummm .. acceptable words in TP :rolleyes:... um ragged :p

I’ve more to do, but I’m tired, they won’t buy it, so it’s a pointless exercise, but I have to keep going. This is the first weekend viewing, I just wasn’t expecting anything, so wasn’t planning around a possible :rolleyes:

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
Hi @rosy18

Was wondering how you were doing :) So the recliner arrived :D, hope it really is saving your back ;)

The trouble is, the more I do, the more I can see what still needs to be done. My first go at mums room looked brilliant. I closed the door & moved on. When I went back in a few weeks later, I could see it needed more work, so I got rid of the 6 drawer chest, moved the bed, found places for the contents & shut the door. I’ve now been in a third time & can see I need to take down shelves & lighten it somehow :eek: It just never ends & I need to keep clearing out the door or find homes for things

You used respite to paint the fence :rolleyes: As the weather was good, it might have been better to stretch out & read in peace :rolleyes: I do understand wanting to get it done & I'm sure it looks good now. I need to give the shed a coat of paint too. In fact I need to paint the fence, pergola & cut the bushes, but I need more hours & energy too o_O

Yes. Well Pooch needs to make his needs known, not just poop at will :oops::oops::mad: I’ve enough to do :eek:

2jays

Jun 4, 2010
West Midlands
Pooch - maybe an idea to consult vets either to make sure pooch is physically well or to get some stress tablets for him

Mr google mentions that many changes can cause dogs stress and suddenly fouling the house can be an indication that dog has high stress levels. They seem to get comfort from fouling a comfort area

Another suggestion is dog training/behaviour person

Last edited:

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
Morning @2jays

Pooch is behaving like a 2 year old. Wants lots of cuddles (he gets them), but pooping inappropriately when he’s not getting enough .... do you think Mum has possessed him :eek::eek::eek: (Don't anyone take offence, I still have my dark humour)

I’ll get him to the vet, as soon as I can afford it, which isn’t this week. I need to get mums accounts closed & transferred to mine, I’m almost broke :rolleyes: I planned on the bank yesterday or this morning, but house viewing being booked has scuppered that till next week. :confused:

I think you need to believe in behaviour trainers for it to work & I find it a bit to arty *arty for my practical nature, but thanks for the thought :D

2jays

Jun 4, 2010
West Midlands
Yeah I know. Further expense isn’t that easy to find

at the end of the day pooch is a dog.... but of course, they are our babies..... so as long as we humanise them, they will challenge us.....

pooch is a dog, who can learn seemingly human behaviours.... like whining and needing teddy... a learned behaviour.... that gets reaction

pooch is a dog. To stop humanising him.... Start thinking like a dog. You are top dog, he isn’t

Recent Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EileenSp