Can I ... Should I?

rosy18

Jul 23, 2016
Blackpool
I psych myself up every morning before putting Mums dentures back in.For a frail little old Lady she has a vice like grip as she's pushing my hand away from her mouth:eek:
I sympathise re the clothes Sam. At one stage all my Mum wanted to wear was a cream coat she even went to bed in it. Thankfully now Mum just accepts what I dress her in:).
I hope the talking to a stranger proves beneficial for you Sam and doesn't get too emotional in a bad way for you.
Slugsta Thursdays sound just divine. How I envy you :rolleyes:
Margi sorry but had to laugh at your Mum giving you an unwanted wake up call and then blaming it on a third party!!
Last week my Mum shouted out at 3am "shoooooooo"Woke me up with a start and when I asled what was wrong Mum said she was shooing all the cats off the bed. We don't have a cat...never have:eek:
Glorious weather continuing here. Hope it's the same for everyone else.
Have a good a weekend as poss and Sam just remember you're doing great with your Mum. We don't have a manual telling us what to do just big hearts that keep us going . humongous hugs to you

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
Afternoon @rosy18

I remember your mum going to bed in her coat. I’ll bet you’re glad that’s not still going on with the present weather.

I’ve persuaded Mum into long shorts & much sitting in the garden. She’s soooooo much more pleasant when the sun shines. I do find the swooping around of clothes very trying. It doesn’t matter if I’ve put them out or she has. In the morning she decides they are the wrong clothes & changes them. Unfortunately it seems to be either putting 2 pairs of jogging bottoms & no tops or 2 blouses & no bottoms ??? Obviously I have to correct this & she gets really cross with me.

I’m hoping the talking to a stranger helps, I seem to bounce between “it’s not so bad I don’t need any help” & “come on get it sorted I’m drowning”. The worst part is I’ve found myself remembering all sorts of things that I really don’t want to think about.

I’ve cut the grass, first cut of the year & it was really hard going. As J has been so good to us & she was at work, I cut hers too :eek: I was about 3/4 of the way through hers when she came home, told me not to be daft, but was grateful for the help :D The 3 of us sat in the garden & chilled for an hour or so, such a difference to a few days ago. Please let the sunshine continue .... although I’ve heard a rumour that bad weather is on the way back :(

Yes, no manual, but just do what we think is best at the time. :rolleyes:

Margi29

Oct 31, 2016
Yorkshire
Glad you've had chance to enjoy some of the sun. Not so good when mood changes, no idea where or why ???
Just another little dementia trait to throw us out of our comfort zone :eek:

Well quick update, brother had his turn for two nights with mum.
She wanted to get in bed with him !! Exposed her breasts to him in hallway !!
He apparently kept explaining ' I'm your son, not your husband '
He's not a happy bunny, I've explained ' it's the disease '
Wants me to look for care home :(

I'm not ready to quit just yet, I know it will come one day.

I went round this afternoon, asked mum ' have you seen my brother recently ?? '
Her answer was ' no, not for weeks ' ( he was there Thursday and Friday night) :eek:

Same thing she said about my sister, she did stay with mum last night. Mum said when asked ' I saw her last week '

I looked in freezer, bag of grated cheese, cans of shandy ( yes idiots in family who still buy her alcohol)
And a plastic bottle of hellmans mayonnaise!!! Emptied all that didn't look ok into bin and sneakily put in outside bin.

Just another day in dementia world :rolleyes:

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
Evening @Margi29

Blooming mood swings & manipulation doing my head in lol. I’m getting heartily sick of having doors shut in my face. There is nothing accidental about that

Sorry, but I had to laugh at your Mum flashing your brother. Mine wouId be out the door never to be seen again if Mum did that. Maybe I should warn him that it’s a possibility in the future :rolleyes:

I just tell Mum, brother, eldest, neighbour was round yesterday & for the moment she accepts that. She starts saying brother hasn’t been for at least a month & I state, he was here yesterday, he did this or that, she looks a bit vague, then shakes her head & it’s like she remembers & says “oh yes”. No way of knowing if she dies remember or just agrees.

You’re lucky the shandy didn’t explode. They make a right mess when they do. I’ve found beer cans in a freezer, contents over the entire freezer :(

Another day in the garden, this time with eldest. We tried out the new power jet washer & cleaned the paths & outside the back door. It looks so much better, but I ache now.

Margi29

Oct 31, 2016
Yorkshire
Evening @Margi29

Blooming mood swings & manipulation doing my head in lol. I’m getting heartily sick of having doors shut in my face. There is nothing accidental about that

Sorry, but I had to laugh at your Mum flashing your brother. Mine wouId be out the door never to be seen again if Mum did that. Maybe I should warn him that it’s a possibility in the future :rolleyes:

I just tell Mum, brother, eldest, neighbour was round yesterday & for the moment she accepts that. She starts saying brother hasn’t been for at least a month & I state, he was here yesterday, he did this or that, she looks a bit vague, then shakes her head & it’s like she remembers & says “oh yes”. No way of knowing if she dies remember or just agrees.

You’re lucky the shandy didn’t explode. They make a right mess when they do. I’ve found beer cans in a freezer, contents over the entire freezer :(

Another day in the garden, this time with eldest. We tried out the new power jet washer & cleaned the paths & outside the back door. It looks so much better, but I ache now.
Whatever you do don't warn your brother :D

The surprise would be spoiled :D

Also more cheeky breaks are needed for you in the future, so less he knows the better x

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
Lol @Margi29 I can’t stop giggling at the thought of his face if Mum flashes him.

You might have a point, I need everyone to step up, I’m looking for a victim to joinin a week (or please 2), October time. I believe Egypt is still hot then!!

jugglingmum

Jan 5, 2014
Chester
I'd love to get away in October, although my choice would be Majorca, and port de pollenca or pollenca or Alcudia (large cycling area) been there in October before and was very pleasant, water really warm for sea swimming. However in the midst of dau's cyclocross season and son's fencing season so no chance.

Champagne bottles sadly seem to freeze and explode fairly quickly, OH did this for dau's christening, destroyed all the baby food I had carefully made and ice cubed.

Margi - sorry some haven't got alcohol message. Don't dismiss a care home, although for the right reasons. There are many posts on TP about how the PWD thrived in one. Look after yourself too.

Margi29

Oct 31, 2016
Yorkshire
I'd love to get away in October, although my choice would be Majorca, and port de pollenca or pollenca or Alcudia (large cycling area) been there in October before and was very pleasant, water really warm for sea swimming. However in the midst of dau's cyclocross season and son's fencing season so no chance.

Champagne bottles sadly seem to freeze and explode fairly quickly, OH did this for dau's christening, destroyed all the baby food I had carefully made and ice cubed.

Margi - sorry some haven't got alcohol message. Don't dismiss a care home, although for the right reasons. There are many posts on TP about how the PWD thrived in one. Look after yourself too.
Thank you, yes the care home option is steadily getting closer. I've actually asked around our area ( people who have worked in various ones ) to try and suss which is the best. I was sadly told " non "
So at the moment ( until probably a crisis ) we will all have to plod on. Including brother getting traumatised by margi the stripper :D

Margi29

Oct 31, 2016
Yorkshire
Lol @Margi29 I can’t stop giggling at the thought of his face if Mum flashes him.

You might have a point, I need everyone to step up, I’m looking for a victim to joinin a week (or please 2), October time. I believe Egypt is still hot then!!
I would love the option to go with you. Can't see oh putting up with that though, he copes with ( well gets told )
That, each year I have one holiday with friends without him. It's my respite from everything.

We are off to Skiathos in Greece in September, just the two of us. Supposed to be beautiful, our eldest daughter went last year. I got a bargain on the price too.

Has much as I love oh, that man can not find anything i.e.
' where's my glasses?? Where's the sun lotion ?? Where's this that and the other !!!
There's a lot to be said for holiday on own with female friends, they just get on and find......

Two full days now to myself before grandchildren and starting nights, so this house is getting a total deep clean.

Margi29

Oct 31, 2016
Yorkshire
Lovely to hear from you @rosy18 , the sun has been shining here too.
Your poor mum seeing cats, I've always been a little scared of cats, now dogs I regularly have two large ones Stealing space on our bed :rolleyes:

A big hug to both you and your lovely mum x

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
I’ve been dreading today ... I’ve got a hospital appointment in 40 minutes (check up on my wrist), then mums got an appointment at 16.00 to remove her cast I’m probably going to spend all day there :-(

tony truro

Apr 23, 2018
I would love the option to go with you. Can't see oh putting up with that though, he copes with ( well gets told )
That, each year I have one holiday with friends without him. It's my respite from everything.

We are off to Skiathos in Greece in September, just the two of us. Supposed to be beautiful, our eldest daughter went last year. I got a bargain on the price too.

Has much as I love oh, that man can not find anything i.e.
' where's my glasses?? Where's the sun lotion ?? Where's this that and the other !!!
There's a lot to be said for holiday on own with female friends, they just get on and find......

Two full days now to myself before grandchildren and starting nights, so this house is getting a total deep clean.
have a fab time and relax its hard work looking after a partner .im new at this and finding it very hard .so go and enjoy your holliday you deserve it ..tony