Can I ... Should I?

Amy in the US

Feb 28, 2015
USA
Oh, goodness, Sam, that S is a star! I'm tempted to send her flowers on your behalf! Or maybe she'd prefer chocolates, wine, or a manicure? Whatever!

I think you are absolutely right, the changes just creep up on us, step by step, and when you're so focused on what is in front of you, you don't have the perspective to really look at anything objectively, do you? Plus, you can be so busy or so tired or so overwhelmed (or so all of the above) that you just sort of put your head down and get on with things and don't think about it.

It's good to be able to get on with it and do what needs doing, but it can also work against us if we're not careful.

Don't worry, Sam, lots and lots of squishy hugs are available! Here are some more:

((((((((((hugs))))))))))

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
You are so right @Amy in the US it just creeps up, we don’t take care of ourselves, more fool us

I know I’ve really overdone it today, but it had to be done. Pooch won’t walk himself, walkers don’t roll up to the door so I can choose one & if we are to eat tomorrow the shopping needed to be done. Yup, another walk to Tesco. J called & offered to walk with me & push a trolly of stuff back. Where do these friends appear from?

Between J & S I’m clocking up an awful lot of payback, not sure I’ll live long enough to settle the debts.

I’ve taken Mum to bed, tucked her in & then tried to come downstairs.

Somewhere between sitting with her & attempting to get off her bed, my body told me where to go. Silly hips. The only joints clear of OA, but they tilt inwards?? No I have not been doing the exercises to pull them back in line. I’m human. I don’t have the inclination /time / energy.

I limped out to the landing biting my lips, trying not to let her see. But, I knew it was a step to far

Right leg is turned in 45*, always a sure sign I’ve overdone it. So, left elbow on the stair rail, right hand holding on for grim death, I’ve concentrated hard on not tripping over my own feet. I was laughing at the image I was presenting, butt against one wall for balance.

So, naturally, having made it downstairs I’ve poured a very large CM & am sipping it. Medicinal of course.

(I’m working on finding out if S wouId prefer chocolates, flowers or a spa day). Don’t tell anyone, but I’m greedy for hugs. Ssssshhhhhh

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
Me thinks that mums doctors are sweating over the mess they’ve made. Good.

I had a call last week from the pharmacist overseeing the prescriptions

I had a call this afternoon from the senior pharmacist overseeing the prescriptions. Let’s say, I was slightly sarcastic about the “care” they’ve shown

I sweetly informed her, I’m just fine, no she can’t do anything, I now have three agencies to forward my complaint to

Battle lines have been drawn. “Sigh”

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
Just seeing the sea makes me feel better @canary. It was certainly blowing & biting wind, but it wakes me up fir sure

I am having a lazy day today. The open house is firmly closed

rosy18

Jul 23, 2016
Blackpool
Gone rather cloudy here this afternoon and the winds getting up. Not been further than the back garden whilst carer was here to fill up the bird nuts etc. Mum always fed them so thought I should continue.
Thank heavens Mum slept last night so that meant I had a good night' sleep as well :D:D, no waking throughout the night no wet pad, so just keeping an eye on her urine output:(
S really is brilliant isn't she sounds like my lovely neighbour. For years we exchanged pleasantries but when she knew Mum was ill my goodness she has been a treasure.Folloewd me to hospital in her car to bring Mum and I home waiting several hours each time with me, sits with Mum is there at the drop of a hat yet so called friends seemed to have gone off the radar, like you said Sam I think they think Alzheimer's is catching although I must admit in the earlier days I couldn't take phone calls as Mum created hated me using the phone so kinda lost touch as you do:confused:
That's where our TP family comes into play and wonderful friendships are made:D
I'm glad you are having a lazy day with that front door firmly closed !!
Happy Ash Wednesday everyone and of course Happy Valentine' Day.
Had to fight to get my front door open with all the cards I'd received......Not
No not a single one:(
((((((Hugs)))))) from me too

Slugsta

Aug 25, 2015
South coast of England
Afternoon all,

Sam, I hope you are feeling a little more comfortable today? It is so hard when you simply cannot take the time needed to look after yourself :(

Thank goodness for S and J, I am glad they are there for you.

Is there any reason you don't get Mr Tesco (other supermarkets are available) to deliver to you? I order bottles, cans etc in bulk and then just get the fresh stuff as needed. However, I have been known to add fresh stuff to the order when the occasion demands.

It is still cold and wet here. In fact, I am currently wearing silk gloves (the ones I bought to wear as liners when we went to Norway last year) as I couldn't get my fingers to stay warm.

(((hugs)))

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
Evening @rosy18

It’s been really cold all day here, started raining shortly after I got back in with pooch & has yet to stop. The wind is really picking up now too. That must be why Mr Postman left my sackful of cards at the depot lol

Good to hear your mum slept well, giving you a chance to sleep. It’s the lack of sleep that kills me. Although the continual interruptions are not doing me much good either right now. No sooner do I get started on something than Mum needs the loo, wants to get a drink, fancies a biscuit. I’ll be very relieved when she can do these things unsupervised

Bless S, she even messages me to see how I’m doing. It’s a big change to have someone ask how I’m feeling. She’s certainly been a godsend.

I tried keeping up with friends when I moved in with Mum, but they all got suddenly very busy, so I gave up suggesting coffee meet ups etc. Now I don’t bother. It grates at times, I was the one they all came to for help, but none are available to me. Oh well, live n learn.

Ive tried really hard to have a lazy day, but it’s not worked very well. Second load of washing in the machine, has to clean the bathroom floor (only did it yesterday), but I had that unpleasant early morning, not awake yet, uggghh, I’ve just stepped in a puddle. Foot under freezing cold tap to rinse. I think Mum just didn’t sit properly. So not a nice way to wake up.

I’m going to make a stew tonight, I even bought s bag of frozen onions lol. It’s that sort io weather, thick stew & creamy potatoes. I’m blooming starving, but it’ll be a few hours yet. I can see me raiding the fridge for anything to quieten the rumblings soon

Amethyst59

Jul 3, 2017
Kent
Gone rather cloudy here this afternoon and the winds getting up. Not been further than the back garden whilst carer was here to fill up the bird nuts etc. Mum always fed them so thought I should continue.
Thank heavens Mum slept last night so that meant I had a good night' sleep as well :D:D, no waking throughout the night no wet pad, so just keeping an eye on her urine output:(
S really is brilliant isn't she sounds like my lovely neighbour. For years we exchanged pleasantries but when she knew Mum was ill my goodness she has been a treasure.Folloewd me to hospital in her car to bring Mum and I home waiting several hours each time with me, sits with Mum is there at the drop of a hat yet so called friends seemed to have gone off the radar, like you said Sam I think they think Alzheimer's is catching although I must admit in the earlier days I couldn't take phone calls as Mum created hated me using the phone so kinda lost touch as you do:confused:
That's where our TP family comes into play and wonderful friendships are made:D
I'm glad you are having a lazy day with that front door firmly closed !!
Happy Ash Wednesday everyone and of course Happy Valentine' Day.
Had to fight to get my front door open with all the cards I'd received......Not
No not a single one:(
((((((Hugs)))))) from me too
What’s that? No cards at all? Me neither!!