Can I ... Should I?

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
How are you this morning ??
No idea how fit bit still works on steps laying down???

All I can say is ' in April, you will be doing a lot of steps laying on the sunbed ' :D

My day started 3 hours earlier than normal, up & down stairs, making sure everything was ready for Mum to get up, then walking back & forth with all the checks at the hospital. I was so tired by the time I crawled on the trolly I probably wouId have slept without the drugs

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
Ugg but I feel rough today. I’m back into still being awake at 03.00, but now I’m getting up around 08.30 for the carers & it’s not good.

Pooch walked, but he was all over the place, nearly tripped me up at one stage :-( he’s definitely not behaving, guess it’s getting to him too

Let’s hope the visitors don’t visit & a hot shower imorives my outlook, coz I’m feeling well sorry for myself. Kick up the proverbial needed, badly needed

2jays

Jun 4, 2010
West Midlands
Asante mama <3

Where are you now?? I’m searching for cheap flights for an April break, told Mum, just need to sort cover.

I checked the Fitbit & couldn’t understand how I did more steps & used more calories lying in hospital???

We in maderia. It’s getting warmer than it was and the really good temps are due on Tuesday

we fly home on Monday :rolleyes: :D

Flights from the airport we use are not cheap unless booked 4 months,at least, in advance

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
I’m searching for cheap flights for an April break,

Try to either come back on a plane that just took people out at the start of half term or go out on a plane that is going out to bring them back. Airlines sometimes use bigger planes for these flights.

jugglingmum

Jan 5, 2014
Chester
Easter hols for our area are the first fortnight of April, so going around the 15th might work for you

I guess some areas do the traditional week either side of Easter as well

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
Ok. Normal service resuming. I’ve showered, washed my hair, loaded the washing machine & dishwasher. (Hopefully no forks in with the washing, but ..)

Next time you step in the shower & want to wash your hair, think of me lol. Left hand encased in plastic bag, so it’s not great for gripping. Attempt to clamp shampoo bottle in crook of left arm & squeeze bottle against body, while catching shampoo in right hand. So didn’t think that one through. So, now I’m leaning back to stop the shampoo from dripping out, while attempting to get the shampoo in my hand onto my hair. I managed, but it wasn’t easy. Eyes clamped shut to stop them getting full of soap.

Anyone needing to do this one handed, I worked out the only reasonably easy method. Squeeze conditioner into body, drop bottle & scoop up quickly. At least rinsing was easier. Just relax under a pounding shower & let the water do the work.

I was exhausted by the time I’d finished, but I feel a lot better.

I’m now gathering my strength, I’ve been contacted by a distant relative of my crazy auntie E on my mums side. I think it’s by marriage rather than blood, I’m not sure I can cope with her otherwise. Even her son, cousin M, says his mum is as mad as a bathfull of frogs :)

I thought I was going to spend some quiet time, swopping the last of my files from laptop to iMac & working out how to store them in a way that’s useful. Instead of which, I’m getting emails from distant family members asking for information. I guess logging into the ancestry site triggered all that.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m pleased to finally get some insight into that side of the family, but it feels very pressured rather than relaxing. Well, I did say I wanted to use my brain, so I guess I got what I wanted, so I’d better hush up my moaning.

At least Mum is more relaxed. She totally didn’t relate the dates this week, either to dads birthday or the anniversary of his death, which was very sad for me, but better for her. It’s dirt if wired, as a few weeks ago, she was full of the dates & wanting to join him, saying, it was time.

We’ve shared a funny daughter / Mum moment, attempting to eat mangos. I had to get Mum to hold the mango as I cut the skin so we could peel them. She can’t work out how to do it herself & just stabs at it, while I can’t hold & cut. We managed & sat earing while giggling at the mess we were making. It was actually very sweet, a memory I’ll treasure in the future. We worked together, not something we manage often

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
Hi @2jays

Even if it’s not the hottest, hopefully you’ve both enjoyed the break. Trust me, even “not that hot” is a lot hotter than here. It’s raining, again, today & what I thought was some broken glass, turned out to be ice on the puddles

I looked at flight yesterday, ouch, not cheap.

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
Thank you @nitram, I’ll be searching again later today, with a +/- a few days to see what comes up. I can see it’s going to be a long search, but the thought of some time away from all that dementia entails is a really good motivation

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
I’m sort of stuck with dates, as I’m trying to meet up with people who have already booked @jugglingmum, it’s that or go alone, which I don’t really fancy

J has said she can’t go on holiday this year, so disappointed as she couldn’t last year either. I might have to bite the bullet & think of solo travel.

2jays

Jun 4, 2010
West Midlands
Might not be warm

It will cost you nothing but for petrol/diesel/train costs

A snuggly bed is waiting for you

And if, perchance, you bring poppet and mum

An abundance of room

Any time

2jays

Jun 4, 2010
West Midlands
@2jays What has the ratty one done to be so called?

Hope you are having a good holiday

The ratty one has selected and totally relished every sample of “free” grape/sugar cane rum/ island wine (we in madeira therefore sweet/medium/dry) to the point his said legs melted into mush

It’s the start of carnival time....

Sooooo funny

One of his individual lurch/steps forward, together with three of mine back..... an interesting dance getting said rat bum safe into his nest

He is safe in the nest, feet wrapped warmly in said woollen poncho

He said

Thank you. Tomorrow you can have anything you want

Sooooo with that in mind.....

that 3 carat diamond costing well over silly money, that I have been slyly looking at

is, apparently.....

mine :D

Last edited:

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
@2jays you are on my road trip map, I’m coming in Poppet with Mum on the way to or from Auntie M. No escape lol. Has to be in warmer weather coz it gets blooming cold up your way, even colder further north & as I’ll be across from a certain lady @rosy18 , it wouId be rude not to visit her too

It’s a 2 week sleeping in the sun with a book & the sea that I’m craving. Although right now, I’d settle for a lie in :)