Can I ... Should I?

Georgina63

Aug 11, 2014
Evening Georgina

Yes, the light of day, blinding that it was, made things easier. That and the fact I'd decided to have a major sort out, made things easier

I've filled the recycle bin & the rubbish bin, 2 large bags for charity & it's not finished, but I feel like I've done something worthwhile today. That's what I needed.

I've talked to mum tonight & upped the £££ to spend on a camper van, so more looking, but plans are going ahead. If I can get this sorted, it means short breaks. If that's me driving her to see a friend, that's ok, as they can chat & I can crash out in the van in peace n quiet

Lol. If I was appraising me, I'd say:
Unrealistic expectations
Need to pace yourself
Re-evaluate goals
Organisational skills need work
Time keeping issues

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Sorting stuff out stuff can be very satisfying. And good news on the camper van...sounds like a plan.

As for the appraisal Ms Luvit, you appear to be to a little self critical. Whilst it's a strength to recognise your weaknesses ;), I'd like you to go away and think of all the other skills you clearly have, such as resilience, dedication, multitasking, flexibility, resourcefullness and of course a great sense of humour! :D

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
Sorting stuff out stuff can be very satisfying. And good news on the camper van...sounds like a plan.

As for the appraisal Ms Luvit, you appear to be to a little self critical. Whilst it's a strength to recognise your weaknesses ;), I'd like you to go away and think of all the other skills you clearly have, such as resilience, dedication, multitasking, flexibility, resourcefullness and of course a great sense of humour! :D

I'd second that!

Margi29

Oct 31, 2016
Yorkshire
I'm always around, if you need a chat, albeit during day time I'm often asleep after nights :)

Ireland sounds like a great plan :D I've had some really good weekends with oh family who live in Dublin and surrounding areas :)

I would have put my name down for that but Greece is the plan with oh.

We will get together soon hopefully and enjoy one or two drinks ;)

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex

Hi Swot :D

Yes sorting the garage was cathartic :). It'll take a few more hours to finish it off, but I can now see everything & most things now have "homes". I've even out a TV in the wall & I will find a DVD player & it's somewhere I can hide lol. It's supposed to be my very own private gym!! I might get the chance to tine up a bit & loss some stress at the same time, or I might hide a bottle of rum in there :D

Suitably chastised Ma'am, I shall re-think my appraisal :eek:

Georgina63

Aug 11, 2014
Hi Swot :D

Yes sorting the garage was cathartic :). It'll take a few more hours to finish it off, but I can now see everything & most things now have "homes". I've even out a TV in the wall & I will find a DVD player & it's somewhere I can hide lol. It's supposed to be my very own private gym!! I might get the chance to tine up a bit & loss some stress at the same time, or I might hide a bottle of rum in there :D

Suitably chastised Ma'am, I shall re-think my appraisal :eek:
Stash a bottle of gin and I'll join you :p

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
I'm always around, if you need a chat, albeit during day time I'm often asleep after nights :)

Ireland sounds like a great plan :D I've had some really good weekends with oh family who live in Dublin and surrounding areas :)

I would have put my name down for that but Greece is the plan with oh.

We will get together soon hopefully and enjoy one or two drinks ;)

Thanks Margi :eek:

I know you have your hands full, working nights, baby sitting duties, not to mentions the
little uns n the furry ones

Hopefully will also get to see cousin M, also known as "the quiet man" as he's a little short on saying much. On the ohine I have to tell him to speak, as I can't see him nodding

Can see it being more than 2 drinks, if Blackpool was anything to go by :D

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
Finally, something to look forward to :)

I've booked flights & hotel, I'm going to Ireland :D. Arranged to stop & see youngest on the way back too :p

Six whole days :D

Slugsta

Aug 25, 2015
South coast of England
Evening all,

Sam, I am sooooo glad you now have something you can look forward to, I know it makes a huge difference to how one copes with the day-to-day grind :D

What is the situation with you car, is there any change of you getting it back this side of Christmas? I'm glad you have been able to increase the camper-van budget, I do hope your search bears fruit soon.

Mum was bright again when we saw her yesterday. She told the carer that she had just been to the shop to buy chocolate :rolleyes:

The news on Sky-cat is not so good. She is eating only about a teaspoonful a day and that is with steroids stimulating her appetite! She has been a for cuddle and a purr today - when she can no longer do that it will be time to let her go. I don't think it will be long :(

Slugsta

Aug 25, 2015
South coast of England
Aw, Slugsta. (((Hug))) Did they find out what exactly is the problem?

We called a halt on investigations as Sky gets so very stressed and the vet feels that whatever it is has progressed so far that treatment is not possible. The senior vet thinks that FIP is still the most likely culprit but a lymphoma is also possible. Whatever it is has affected Sky's nervous system (she holds her head on one side and falls over a lot), it seems that this is the thing that suggests advanced disease.

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
Lizzy Grumpybum's FIP, once it had turned to the nasty form, killed her in about three days! On the Monday she was off her food (although she had been more finicky for a while - but still eating well). On the Tuesday, I saw her stumble slightly as she walked along. So I made an appointment with the vet for Wednesday. By Wednesday, her stomach had swollen up with fluid, and she couldn't even stand. The vet started treatment, but she didn't respond at all, so next day, I told him to put her to sleep. I still sometimes feel guilty, wondering if I had just missed earlier signs of illness. But tbh, Lizzy was always such a lethargic cat, it was impossible to say if she was any more lethargic than normal!

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
Evening all,

Sam, I am sooooo glad you now have something you can look forward to, I know it makes a huge difference to how one copes with the day-to-day grind :D

What is the situation with you car, is there any change of you getting it back this side of Christmas? I'm glad you have been able to increase the camper-van budget, I do hope your search bears fruit soon.

Mum was bright again when we saw her yesterday. She told the carer that she had just been to the shop to buy chocolate :rolleyes:

The news on Sky-cat is not so good. She is eating only about a teaspoonful a day and that is with steroids stimulating her appetite! She has been a for cuddle and a purr today - when she can no longer do that it will be time to let her go. I don't think it will be long :(

HimSlugsta

I wish I was going to an island in the sun, with no other bu€€ear there, but Ireland is good for my soul, so it's the next best thing :D

I think if they said I'd have the car by Christmas, I'd ask them which blooming Christmas :(. Still no word. Still no blooming car, so I'll br walking to the shoos again tomorrow. Mums running out of milk. Bless her :eek:

A few weeks ago, there were lots of camper vans about, this week there were 3 and then 6. All no good. Although there will mostly be just mum & myself, there will also be the dog. So a little more room is needed, so looking for a 3/4 sleeper & I need a shower (for the future).

No car also makes looking rather difficult to say the least. :(. Truth be told, if it was sitting outside now, I'd be blooming sleeping in it :(

At least your mum still thinks she is going for chocolate. It's a food group I'm sure. At least it is here :). If she's struggling with swallowing & wants the chocolate taste, Alpro do a chocolate flavour dark chocolate dessert. It would be in the "free from" range, shelf rather than fridge section. It's like a thick yoghurt consistency, but smooth. It's soya based, but doesn't taste too bad

I'm so sorry about Skycat, I've not had to think of that awful decision so far, but I hope I'd be able to put my furry friend first. :(. Such a horrid thing to have to think about :(

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
It is, Sam. None of my three cats just died by themselves. They all had to be helped out of suffering. That's one of the reasons I haven't gotten another.

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
Why, why, why & just why

I know in my heart that mum thinks she is helping, but in reality, she makes me more work & if I've been battling all day, it's just too blooming much

Day before yesterday I spent 9 hours (with help from a friend), emptied the garage, filled 2 bins, moved lots of things around & knew it would take a few more hours of solo sorting to put everything away properly

Yesterday, it was OT taking out rails & putting up proper stair rails. Next time I slip on the stairs, I can grab them properly and not bounce down ;). Mum has something to hold, so hopefully will stay upright

So, today, I thought I'd spend a few hours in the garage again. Carry on the good work ;). First, I had to do some "dumpster diving" :eek: , as the rubbish bin was full & wont be emptied for over a week. Mum was wittering about it ;)

Disposable gloves, lots of "uggg" but I took out non food stuff ( I blooming told her not to put any stuff out) but I eventually ended up with 3 bags that will not interest the foxes (I hope) & a bin with some room. Going to be chatting up the bin men next week to take the extra bags :p

Then I started on the garage, I have 2 shelve units with busted supports, I pulled one out, fitted supports for the shelves, put it back & filled it. Checked if various tools still worked & got a lot sorted. By this time I ache. Everywhere. So let mum have a look at what I've done (she was wittering again) & closed up

I'd found 3 curtains, 2 of which will go in my room :) , washed, hung & bought 2 in. The 3rd was still damp

I've cooked, mum laid the table, no knives. Glasses out but no drinks. Same as usual. Half the job done. So it feels worse than nothing done. Then she goes to the lounge & ignores me. Same as usual :(

I suggest TV, she agrees. She pulls the curtains, half way. I set up a film & she disappers:(. Arrrggghhh

Film finishes & I let the dog out, clear glasses, pick up the clean dry curtains so I can hang them in my room & finally block out the "nasty neighbour" lights. But no. Mother has decided to help. She's bought in the one remaining wet curtain & put it on top of the dry curtains. So now they are wet

I lost it. It's blooming midnight & I'm up for another night in a floodlit room as the "nasty neighbour" puts his lights on, with open blinds & I thought I'd have curtains :(. I have blinds, but they don't keep the light out.

So mum has stomped off to bed, telling me I'm not nice, she was only helping as I'd not bought that curtain in, she'd put it with the other two & what is my problem??? :eek:

Yay

I'm wrong again

Same s**t, different day

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
It is, Sam. None of my three cats just died by themselves. They all had to be helped out of suffering. That's one of the reasons I haven't gotten another.

I've been lucky :confused: :rolleyes: , my last dog, a massive GSD, acting like a puppy as I left for work, just laid down & died. It was awful finding him like that, but I know he was bouncing around as I'd left, he was just starting to show signs of hip trouble, but nothing bad.

He was about 13 (rescue so not positive on age), I was thinking I'd have to keep an eye on him & see how he coped. I was dreading the possibility. We'd had him in our lives for 8 years & he was my youngest's best friend, they were 5 when we got him ;). I cried buckets, but the vet said he'd just lain down & his heart gave out.

I've friends who've made that decision & I know how hard it was for them

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
Ha ha, how about that :)

This morning has been frosty, walking past me muttering "why don't you go away", I only got a hello because I stood in front of her, blocking her path & said "morning" :eek:, no she doesn't need anything from the shops, got plenty of milk etc etc

Knowing she would be out of milk tomorrow, has no tea (pity she didn't tell me as it was running out) & bread out of date today, I walked to the shops

Mum rang, but no message. Then she rang again saying everything was OK, she'd found the dog ??? (I was on the phone, so Ansaphone messages

Amyway, I've come home & she's grinning away, hugs, smiles & chatty. I think the cream cake & found dog cheered her up :eek:

Seems the dog followed her out to the bin, then I guess he hid under next doors trailer tent when he couldn't get back in. He's filthy & only had a bath on Friday, but is going to need another :(

Dog is snuggled in his bed, mum is happy & rabbiting on about nothing & I'm resting up for the next saga :rolleyes:

rosy18

Jul 23, 2016
Blackpool
Well I hope it's nothing too traumatic Sam.
Glorious day here just settled to watching Open Golf Mums asleep. Will have to call Doctor back tomorrow. He came to see Mum Thurs she has another uti and hasn't opened her bowels today will be 13 days but the doctor said Mum wasn't impacted so to see how it went over the weekend well up to now nothing has happened. Mum got a little aggressive this morning that hasn't happened for a long time took me by surprise just hoping it's to do with her current situation so I'm thankful she's sleeping.

Slugsta so sorry about Skycat I've always had dogs 2 of which I had to have put to sleep, horrible decision to make but seeing them suffering so and advised by the vet sometimes it's just the right thing to do.
Funny how chocolate plays such a big part my Mums just the same, she just loves her chocolate cake, seems like your Mum is focused on her chocolate as well :)

Sam I'm so pleased you have booked Ireland giving you something to look forward to. Direct flights here Blackpool to Dublin just around the corner but for now wishful thinking..

Hope everyone is having a good weekend and enjoying sunny weather.

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
Hi Rosy

Hope your mum woke up in a smiley mood & nonaggression. No fun dealing with the temper on top of everything else :rolleyes:

My mum was obviously wiped out & went off to read, then slept for about 5 hours. I got fed up with being quiet & wanted her to wake up, so hoovered & then carpet shampooed the stairs, took about 1.5 hours & she only appeared as I was finishing. They look pretty good :D

The worst thing is, that you know being able to do things means either losing your mum or he being in a CH, neither if which you want, so it's that wanting, but not how to get it. I think many of us are in that one

Mum was in one if her rare good moods, so I plunged in with I want to go & she agreed, so all booked within 24 hours. My cousin is planning on driving down to see me, so I get to see him too. :D. Meet new people, see my cousin & get a break. All good :)