Can I scream on here please!!!

exhausted 2015

Jul 5, 2015
stoke on trent
I'm giving myself a pat on the back for my patience.. For answering the same set of questions about 30 times each night when dad goes to bed and each time I grit my teeth and answer like it's the first time he has asked.. How many of us carers go through this each evening... It must be hundreds.. Had my rant.. Goodnight all I'll be up again at 1am exhausted 2015 xx Ps just been up to settle him again and answered the same set of questions....

Last edited:

di65

Feb 28, 2013
new zealand
This is a deep dark well of screams:D They will never be heard by the wider world, and I'm sure that it so deep that it will never be full.

You scream away, we all know what you're going through

<< HUGS >>

Sue J

Dec 9, 2009
Another pat on the back from me Exhausted, scream away. I live on auto pilot the replies that come out of my mouth are like a record too:rolleyes: maybe I should record my voice and leave it playing on a loop, I wonder if it would be noticed it wasn't me:(;):rolleyes:

exhausted 2015

Jul 5, 2015
stoke on trent
Another pat on the back from me Exhausted, scream away. I live on auto pilot the replies that come out of my mouth are like a record too:rolleyes: maybe I should record my voice and leave it playing on a loop, I wonder if it would be noticed it wasn't me:(;):rolleyes:

Ha ha!! good idea xx

Stresshead

Sep 13, 2014
You scream away it'll do you the power of good !! Sometimes I actually get sick of the sound of my own voice. Not quite the same as you in answering the same questions mine is more 'go on dad try a little bit' ...'just one more spoonful' ... 'just a bit dad'...'go on just one more'.....aaaarrrghhh!! I feel like I'm stuck on repeat !! The idea of a tape recorder is a good one....I'll just press play and then go and open the wine bottle.

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

Tin

May 18, 2014
UK
If each scream was worth a penny and the same repeated answer a pound coin, I would be soooo rich right now.

The night questions I usually answer with a finger to my lips, asking mum to be very quiet or she will wake everyone up. Sometimes works and is better than me trying to answer the question "so what are we going to do today? Why havn't we seen Carol yet?"
ALL of my female friends are called Carol now.

Countryboy

Mar 17, 2005
South West
speaking in defence of the person with dementia life isn't that great for him at the moment either , my answer would ok I got dementia but one day so might You

Tin

May 18, 2014
UK
speaking in defence of the person with dementia life isn't that great for him at the moment either , my answer would ok I got dementia but one day so might You

Always aware of this Tony, more so since mum came to live with me and family medical history came to light and when someone says something inappropriate to my mum my answer is the same except sometimes I replace "might" with "will".

fizzie

Jul 20, 2011

Thank you for posting that Tony, it helps me to put things into perspective when it gets difficult xxxx

Countryboy

Mar 17, 2005
South West
Always aware of this Tony, more so since mum came to live with me and family medical history came to light and when someone says something inappropriate to my mum my answer is the same except sometimes I replace "might" with "will".

Yes Tin irrespective of what experts say dementia does run in families both my Mum & Dad an Ant & Uncle and me so that five close relatives and I could there are more but they haven’t had a definite diagnoses but that only because they won’t accept there is a problem

Sue J

Dec 9, 2009

Hi Tony

I agree the symptoms are far from great and more frustrating for the sufferer but sufferers alike can and do get frustrated with each others symptoms - its only human.

Hope your day isn't too bad today
Best wishes
Sue:)

exhausted 2015

Jul 5, 2015
stoke on trent
You scream away it'll do you the power of good !! Sometimes I actually get sick of the sound of my own voice. Not quite the same as you in answering the same questions mine is more 'go on dad try a little bit' ...'just one more spoonful' ... 'just a bit dad'...'go on just one more'.....aaaarrrghhh!! I feel like I'm stuck on repeat !! The idea of a tape recorder is a good one....I'll just press play and then go and open the wine b
Yes I open the wine too xx

exhausted 2015

Jul 5, 2015
stoke on trent

Hi tony sorry I didn't mean to offend this awful disease is hard for both sufferer and carer my best wishes exhausted 2015 xx

Wendy C

Jan 29, 2012
West Midlands
I had this. My Mom asking the same questions over and over and it used to drive me mad. Had to grit teeth and walk away. Now Mom does not talk at all, would love her to ask me a question. This is a horrible disease and my thoughts are with you. xxx

exhausted 2015

Jul 5, 2015
stoke on trent
I had this. My Mom asking the same questions over and over and it used to drive me mad. Had to grit teeth and walk away. Now Mom does not talk at all, would love her to ask me a question. This is a horrible disease and my thoughts are with you. xxx

Hi Wendy so sorry to hear that, maybe I should be grateful that dad can still talk even if it is the same thing over and over again, my best wishes exhausted 2015 xx

Rhodie

Dec 5, 2015
Merseyside
Good idea stressed, lol. Nice one. ☺

You scream away it'll do you the power of good !! Sometimes I actually get sick of the sound of my own voice. Not quite the same as you in answering the same questions mine is more 'go on dad try a little bit' ...'just one more spoonful' ... 'just a bit dad'...'go on just one more'.....aaaarrrghhh!! I feel like I'm stuck on repeat !! The idea of a tape recorder is a good one....I'll just press play and then go and open the wine bottle.

Rhodie

Dec 5, 2015
Merseyside
Lol.

Good idea stressed, lol. Nice one. ☺

Rhodie

Dec 5, 2015
Merseyside
Thanks for the reality perspective Wendy C. Helpful reminder for me and my partner re our Dads, thanks.

Chuggalug

Mar 24, 2014
Norfolk
I'm giving myself a pat on the back for my patience.. For answering the same set of questions about 30 times each night when dad goes to bed and each time I grit my teeth and answer like it's the first time he has asked.. How many of us carers go through this each evening... It must be hundreds.. Had my rant.. Goodnight all I'll be up again at 1am exhausted 2015 xx Ps just been up to settle him again and answered the same set of questions....

Oh wow. I wondered what this was about. Yes, it still is a major feature of my husband's illness. I only ever hear where do I live; when am I coming home. Never anything else. He does try to ask in different ways sometimes, as if he's trying to work out how to ask the questions, but it's always the same two.

Really do understand your frustration.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tori_75