Can blogs be private to me only or those I don't mind viewing?

CaPattinson

May 19, 2010
West Yorks
Hello, I wanted to record my thoughts and how I'm feeling but I don't want everyone to read it. Until I feel like sharing, Is this possible?X Chris

Brucie

Jan 31, 2004
near London
yes, just set it up to be read by contacts and it will be limited to those you have defined that way.

I have such a blog but it is not generally visible.

If you have no defined contacts then it will be private to you.

That can be changed any time.

sue38

Mar 6, 2007
Wigan, Lancs
Hi Chris,

If you go to your blog you will see the Blog Control icon. Here you can set who you would like to be able to read your blog, and whether you want to allow permission for them to add comments.

Remember you can add people as contacts, as well as asking people to be your 'friend'.

CaPattinson

May 19, 2010
West Yorks
blogs

Thank you for clayfying that Bruce. I think it will help if I write things down. Sue I appreciate you giving me instructions and yes adding contacts or friends. So I can request friends or add contacts. If the latter will they know i've done that. I think maybe now I have made friends so perhaps requestong friends may be the option. I suppose if they don't want to accept thats fine. Thanks again XXX Chris :)

Last edited:

Sandy

Mar 23, 2005
Hi Chris,

The nice things about Contacts (and I use them rather than Friends as I was a bit unsure of the Friends feature when it was first added) is that a) they don't have to accept or decline anything and b) it doesn't show in any public place as to who is on that list.

Take care,

CaPattinson

May 19, 2010
West Yorks
contacts

Hello Sandy and thanks for that, but I've just requested friends and maybe shd have added contacts.:confused: Suppose now I'll have to see whether they accept. I think maybe if add contacts then no one feels oliged to accept friendship? :confused: Well its done now. ;) Thanks again XXX Chris

I spend so long thinking that I miss posts made during my 'thinkin time':)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amyelizabeth