Can anyone recommend a very simple to operate CD player.

Leva

Jun 17, 2021
I have bought an expensive but simple to operate, I thought, CD player but my husband is pushing a CD in the slot when there is already a CD in the machine. I really need a very simple to operate machine. I have also bought him an Alexa echo but after saying Alexa he leaves too big a gap to get her/it to play the music he wants.

Rosettastone57

Oct 27, 2016
My mother in law had difficulty with appliances. My husband bought her a new radio, but she simply couldn't grasp it. There comes a point where the person with dementia is unable to learn anything new., no matter how easy it appears. No magic answers I'm afraid .

AbbyGee

Nov 26, 2018
Portsmouth, South Coast
I wish there was such a thing as a simple and foolproof CD player - even the boombox type I bought proved too complicated. However, after having to go through some 600 or so CDs to get them in the right cases I wonder if I should leave the darned thing forgotten and quietly rehome the CDs.
Like Leva's experience, my little Echo Dot is proving mystifying to him. It's a 'new' thing and the concept of just talking to Alexa is a step too far.
Oh well, I can now add DJ and entertainments manager to my ever-growing list of skills.

Leva

Jun 17, 2021
Thank you for your replies. I've given him back the old very cheap one I bought when I thought he was jsut going in for respite care and I now rely on the carers to put CDs on every other day when I am not there.

robertrichards4

Oct 4, 2021
Thank you for your replies. I've given him back the old very cheap one I bought when I thought he was jsut going in for respite care and I now rely on the carers to put CDs on every other day when I am not there.
that`s a very good idea. Hope he is doing good

Duggies-girl

Sep 6, 2017
My dad loved his music but became unable to work the CD player, I tried blanking certain buttons off so all he had to do was switch it on and off but eventually he couldn't do that. One day I went in and the whole thing had disappeared until I found it under his bed. I left it there and then would just play him music on my phone.