Can anyone point me in right direction please?

Beannie

Aug 17, 2015
East Midlands
Hi I already post on I have a Partner with dementia as my 64 year old husband is in a Nursing Home with Early Onset Parkinsons Disease and Alzheimers Dementia. If this wasn't bad enough my 94 year old Mum has been diagnosed with mixed Alzheimers and now has a UTI which she is taking antibiotics for and she already only has 40% kidney function. I am from a very very small family and wondered if anyone knows of any organisation that offers a befriending service as my Mum keeps saying she is lonely and I cannot be there with her 24/7. Any pointers would be gratefully received. Thanks for taking the time to read this post.

Amethyst59

Jul 3, 2017
Kent
In my area (Kent) Age U.K. offer a befriending service. Maybe a local church have a 'visiting outreach' (but check that it is properly organised with visitors being properly vetted) ...or I wonder if the WI in your area offer a visiting service?

LynneMcV

Volunteer Moderator
May 9, 2012
south-east London
Hi Beannie, in my area there are befriending services run by Age UK, Royal Voluntary Service, Crossroads Care and a local church.

The link Nitram provided is a very helpful one for tracking down what is available wherever you live and I have found some great support through it.

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
Red Cross do a service in our area, mum is on the waiting list, there are a shortage of befriended, so you may wait a while :oops: