Can anyone help?

Mary Poppins

Sep 20, 2005
Yorkshire
Moving Day + 4

Hi Everyone

Just got back from Mum & Dad's again - I went up early yesterday and found Dad at the door banging on it - apparantly he had had his coat on for hours. Mum has had an exhausting 4 days since the move, he has not settled well and wants to leave although I suspect that he would have been the same in the other house it just seems so much worse as the space they are in is so much smaller.
He had an appointment at the chiropodist and mum was panicking about buses so I drove up to take him - she seems to worry about things she would have taken in her stride a week ago, one thing at once - yes I think you are right and that is how she is coping.
Dad was out with me all day apart from calling back for lunch and for me to use the toilet - I can't go and leave him outside and know he will be there when I come out!!!
As he likes to walk and it was a particularly windy cold day yesterday I took him into the only shop where you can walk in a circle for 2 hours - Ikea!! We stopped half way round for a cup of tea and he behaved himself like a lamb, apart from calling me a stupid bitch and singing I'm forever blowing bubbles to the restaurant when we sat down. I really have stopped worrying about the reaction of others - most people are fantastic.
The idea of putting a picture of the toilet on the bathroom door is a must I think - what a good idea! I found dad relieving himself at the bottom of the garden after he got out of the house when BT arrived.
also the barrel type keyring may work too - thanks for that. Dad still carries a little zip purse with loose change in so I can't give him an envelope with change in, it wouldn't work although it is a good idea. The fantastic thing about this is that we share ideas and if they make life a little easier for the carer then even better!