Can anyone help with decision making for our father we would like him to go into care for his safety


New member
May 30, 2024
Our Father has mixed dementia and we are still waiting for the LPOAs which he has singed and in the moment is happy for my sister and I to make decisions for him. Does anyone know if we can chase the LPOA and say he is vulnerable? don't want to jeopardise the LPOAs.
We would also like him to go into a care home - we have found a lovely home and have a room reserved. We are waiting for a copy of the assessment from social services (as he signposted to them). Are we able to make the decision to send him with the LPOA? We are worried for his safety.


Registered User
Feb 27, 2018
I wouldn’t mention vulnerability in relation to the LPOA. If your father’s judged not to have had capacity when he signed them, they may be withdrawn.

You don’t need a POA to arrange care home accommodation for your father. Ask the manager how to proceed - they should be able to advise.


Volunteer Host
Mar 2, 2017
Hi @Chickpea36 and welcome to Dementia Support Forum. This is a friendly and helpful community of members who have experience of many aspects of dementia. You'll find support and information here that I am sure will be useful. I would second what @Collywobbles says.