Can anyone help me with information please

Pep446

May 23, 2018
Hi I'm new to the site but was wondering if anyone would know anything about this.
I have a neighbour she is 95 and has Dymensia.
She had a fall and was put into hospital but she hadn't broke any thing
She was in there for a while then was moved to another place like rest bite.
I then was told she wouldn't be coming home and was going into a home.
which happened this week. I asked the family what was happening regarding her house.
And was told don't give house up for 6 weeks as she can say she wants to go home? Surely this can't be right for someone aged 95 near 96 with Dymensia and other illnesses can say she doesn't want to stay in care home... Would anyone have any info that can help with this question please and we are in Scotland so it is a care home here.
Thankyou for any information you can help me please.. Thankyou

Rosettastone57

Oct 27, 2016
Hi I'm new to the site but was wondering if anyone would know anything about this.
I have a neighbour she is 95 and has Dymensia.
She had a fall and was put into hospital but she hadn't broke any thing
She was in there for a while then was moved to another place like rest bite.
I then was told she wouldn't be coming home and was going into a home.
which happened this week. I asked the family what was happening regarding her house.
And was told don't give house up for 6 weeks as she can say she wants to go home? Surely this can't be right for someone aged 95 near 96 with Dymensia and other illnesses can say she doesn't want to stay in care home... Would anyone have any info that can help with this question please and we are in Scotland so it is a care home here.
Thankyou for any information you can help me please.. Thankyou

Without knowing more about the situation with the neighbour it's difficult to make any meaningful response. It sounds to me that family members have things in hand and to be blunt, I'm not sure it's anything to do with you. Also it's not unusual for a person with dementia to say they want to go home. Just because they say that doesn't mean it wil happen.

Pep446

May 23, 2018
Without knowing more about the situation with the neighbour it's difficult to make any meaningful response. It sounds to me that family members have things in hand and to be blunt, I'm not sure it's anything to do with you. Also it's not unusual for a person with dementia to say they want to go home. Just because they say that doesn't mean it wil happen.
Hi ty for reply I look after my neighbour when she is at home well not care I sit with her etc so she isn't alone all time as family stay in diff Town

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
My guess is that she is on intermediate care https://www.nice.org.uk/about/nice-.../quick-guides/understanding-intermediate-care
This is a period of up to 6 weeks free care, residential or at home, designed to get the person back to the state they were in before an acute event

If, at the end of the six weeks, she is judged to have mental capacity and says she does not want to go into residential care she may not. Her assessed needs will have to be met, whether she will be self funding or not may make a difference if these needs are high.

If she is judged to lack capacity to make that decision a best interests meeting https://www.scie.org.uk/files/mca/directory/best-interests-meetings-guidance.pdf?res=true will be held.