can any one advise is there a time limit to submit a thread

bel

Apr 26, 2006
coventry
hi all
i was trying to tell you about visit from social worker today and when i tried to post it it said page expired
this has happened many times
i am one finger typer am i taking too long
love bel x

Brucie

Jan 31, 2004
near London
Time limit to answer...?

Hi bel

I can't recall this happening to me.

Do you know how long you were typing your message in before it happened? 5 mins 10 mins 20 mins?

Did you have to log in again after you saw page expired?

i am one finger typer am i taking too long
... I'm a two finger typer!

I will do some tests and see if I can repeat the problem here.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
It`s never happened to me either, bel.

Sometimes I`ve started to reply to a post, or post my own, and had to leave it in the middle, unattended. When I got back it was still there.

I do hope you can get it right, I`d love to hear how you got on.

Love xx

bel

Apr 26, 2006
coventry
god bless you brucie

i only have 10 mins at a time on comp
bob needs me --
it is so hard for me to say things especily today when i have admitted to proffesionals i am not coping
then i am cut off
love bel x

IT_man

Dec 10, 2006
London
Possible help

Bel,

Are you ticking the remember me option when you login ? that will help timeouts - and also are you on broadband or dial-up? - if you are dialing up each time the server will think you are a different person each time so you wont have access to the page you were editing.

cheers

Phil

Clive

Nov 7, 2004
Hi Bel

I cannot explain your current problem, but I know computers can do allsorts of strange things. I sometimes find I cannot log onto TP, especially if I have read a few TP posts first without logging on. I have to close the computer down and turn it on again.

Like many carers I frequently get interrupted so what I do is first read the posts on TP. If there are any posts I want to reply to I open up my Microsoft Word word-processor programme and type out my reply. I read it through several times to make sure I have said what I want to say and not said something I might regret, (I do have some very radical ideas !). Then I copy (cut and paste) my message from the Microsoft Word word-processor and paste it into the TP reply box.

This takes longer but I find it is less stressful as I do not have to rush to get it done before the next incident occurs.

Keep up you posts.
Reading other’s concerns does make one realise that one is not alone.

Best Wishes

Clive

PS
DO GET THAT VIRUS CHECKER UPDATED. There are several free ones around that update themselves free of charge. I use AVG which I downloaded straight off the internet. (If you use AVG make sure you get the free one.)

You can find out more on the moneysavingexpert.com/shopping/free-anti-virus-software page. (put www. before moneysavingexpert)

Read the report at www.moneysavingexpert.com/shopping/free-anti-virus-software

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
said Are you ticking the remember me option when you login ?

I use to have that problem when I first started to come on to TP , if I was reading post and wanting to reply and not tick the remember me option when I log in. then when I tick it as soon as I log in , it soled the problem .

Now I reply , then if I need to something for mum can go of and come back no matter how long it take , then finish of replying and its OK .

It does not seem like an option to me about ticking the remember me option when I log in, because if I don't I get all sort of problem , seem to me its compulsory to tick it .

Brucie

Jan 31, 2004
near London
seem to me its compulsory to tick it

If you only ever use a single PC that you own then there is no problem in ticking the Remember Me option. Each time you return to TP, you will be logged in.

However, if you are using a PC in an Internet cafe, or school, college, work, etc then it is best NOT to tick the box if you want your personal TP information kept private, and if you don't want someone else to be able to post using your name.

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
However, if you are using a PC in an Internet cafe, or school, college, work, etc then it is best NOT to tick the box if you want your personal TP information kept private, and if you don't want someone else to be able to post using your name.

now I can understand that point , that why they have those option of the remember me .

Just that TP must have a time set that if you take to long in replying if at home and you have to do something that take longer then TP time set it log you out if you don't press that option

Cliff

Jun 29, 2007
North Wales
Hello Bel,

Just a thought.............

Are you using a laptop computer or a desk computer ?

With a laptop, most people use the pad and touch buttons to move the cursor and give instructions.

On a desk computer, it is usual to use a mouse and its buttons to move the cursor and give instructions.

I find that when I use my laptop in the evening, I sometimes tap the pad accidentally and issue an instruction that I did not mean - this can cause the screen to blank or do something unexpected - usually I swear to myself and start again.

Will keep thinking..............

Last edited:

bel

Apr 26, 2006
coventry
hi all

i am not clicking remember me button i cant find it-- i have tp stored in my favourites i am on broad band and i do have to log in again when page has expired
thanks bel x

Brucie

Jan 31, 2004
near London
i am not clicking remember me button i cant find it

Hi bel - you can find it as shown below

Attachments

• remember.jpg
    remember.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 209

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Bruce, I don`t have a `remember me` box on my page either. Might it be because I`m on Favourites like bel, and go straight to TP front page?

I have `Log Out` on the green bar.

Last edited:

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
Might it be because I`m on Favourites like bel, and go straight to TP front page?

Yes I would say so I also have it on my Favorites , but have click the remember me option so am log in when I go from my Favorites straight in to TP

Log out , then go from your Favorites straight in to TP front page and it ask you to log in again and your see that option

Just hope you still remember your password

Last edited:

Brucie

Jan 31, 2004
near London
if you have "Welcome Grannie G" or "Welcome bel" at the top of the screen than you pressed Remember me at some stage already

below: Welcome Brucie

Attachments

• remember 2.jpg
    remember 2.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 194

Brucie

Jan 31, 2004
near London
Just hope you still remember your password
if you don't, I can re-set it. Problem is that you won't be able to post bevcause you are not logged in. :D

If that happens click on the contact us at the bottom of the screen and say so

bel

Apr 26, 2006
coventry
thanks clive i have installed anti virus you suggested it is free thanks

hi clive its instaled great
stopped one virus
i thought we have cracked it here then went on to tp
page expired
thanks any way at least i have a free anti vrus thanks to you
love bel x

Staff online