Can a person remember stuff a day after

vannesser

Apr 4, 2016
My ho as vascala told me he hated me and told me to get out I said fine and whent to fetch washing in and ignored him for a wile then whent in he said sorry and kept crying .things ok after 2 hours then when we got up next day he asked if we had a row and did I walk out .i said yes then while out he told our daughter what he said and told her I whent out in car for along time and when I wasn't back early from going shopping I had left him and got up set again .
How can he remember that the day after when he forgets other things

Jessbow

Mar 1, 2013
Midlands
I guess things that perhaps touch deeper into emotions may last longer in the memory, rather than day to day things.

That said, my mother forgot that my father/her husband had died. We took her as he passed away, she said goodbye, and by teatime was asking what time he'd be back from shopping.

he isnt choosing to remember some things and not others, its just the way it is

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
I always think that their memory is like a jigsaw with pieces constantly being removed, so some bits remain for a while and other bits are completely gone very quickly.

And yes, they remember emotions, even when they cant quite remember exactly what happened.

LynneMcV

Volunteer Moderator
May 9, 2012
south-east London
It is one of the peculiarities of the disease. My husband could hold on to memories for several weeks at times and yet have a total blank about what might have happened within the last hour.

Emotions - whether happy, sad, anxious, angry - definitely played a role in what he was able to retain.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ArthurPOA