Campaign for Justice

Shaky

May 10, 2004
Dudley, West Midlands
Re: My Campaign to re-instate CHC funding for my MOM who has alzheimers and encourage policy change for the NHS's attitude towards treating mental illness as mere social care.

Just to inform you the first part of my Awareness DVD has been uploaded to 'you tube' - When both parts are completed they will be embedded within my wesite. (Part Two is an edit of the TV coverage thus far, including the Panorama feature.).

I would appreciate you thoughts on my short film.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76CpKg9tE70

also

http://www.fightthebureaucracy.co.uk/dvd

The actual DVD (3hrs) has been distributed to all major NHS departments plus selective press and TV companies. It forms the centre-piece to my 'press-pack'.

I am now working on a new quartely bulletin. More information when I have it.

TCB, Shaky

Attachments

• All my Media + DVD.jpg
    All my Media + DVD.jpg
    228 KB · Views: 294

Kathleen

Mar 12, 2005
West Sussex
That is very powerful, well done Shaky.

Anything that helps to raise awareness of the way our loved ones are dismissed by the NHS has to be a good thing.

Kathleen

Shaky

May 10, 2004
Dudley, West Midlands
Yes & No

Thanks for your support Norman,

I did first approach the AS when I was given the run around by my Mom's PCT. I asked for advice and also asked them about starting a petition. I was disappointed by their 'done that bought the tee shirt' attitude so I thought o.k. if no one will help me I will do it myself - hence the campaign, the coverage, the petition, the support forum and the awareness DVD. I'm also currently producing a newsletter with others including some very important legal people connected with Demensia test cases in high court, can't say too much but this will be an impressive body of work, both professionally and technically. We would all benefit if AS stood with me and showed as much determination. Their is a growing band of people let down by the system and not given a shoulder like AS should do. I aim to contribute to helping in both camps, take alook at my web-site and Forum which has already helped many people, and at the very least re-inforced the ideal that they are not alone!

I have had hundreds of letter from worried people, some tragic - some just perplexed - the Panorama programme and the web-link to my site has proved a great way of raising awareness - which after - all was my intention when first approaching AS.

Phil Shakespeare - www.fightthebureaucracy.org