Campaign against care costs

noelphobic

Feb 24, 2006
Liverpool
I can' t believe there's been such a low turn out for this campaign

The Alzhemier's Society’s campaign to end charging for care can be found at: http://www.labourspace.com/campaign.php?whichcampaign=38

However, I do think it is buried so far on the threads that many people will not notice it. Please vote on this campaign as the closing date is fast approaching and the numbers are extremely low to date.

Brenda

dmc

Mar 13, 2006
hi noelphobic

i have voted on this, but i am suprised that the voting figure is so low, especially as there are so many threads to do with care and costs,
c'mon all TP's lets get behind this good cause, it only takes a few minutes and well worth it.

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
Chip, what sort of problem? The thing that normally trips people up the the need to enter the security code (that's the thing with the squiggly number and letters)

noelphobic

Feb 24, 2006
Liverpool
Skye said:
Chip, I don't think we can vote on this, as personal care is already free in Scotland.

far be it from me to suggest cheating, but .....

I don't think you have to have a vested interest, as such.

hairwench

Oct 1, 2006
wisbech
I didn't actually realise there was something to vote on, it isn't that clear, mind you neither is my head.
Tis done now !!!

chip

Jul 19, 2005
Scotland
It worked that time. Yes care is free in Scotland but for over 65's not for younger people. You get hit with everything when you are younger.

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Sorry, chip, didn't realise free personal care was only for the over 65s. You learn something new every day on this site!

I've registered my vote, Brenda, cheating or not. If they don't like it, they can cancel it.

Helena

May 24, 2006
I have voted as have my family members but please everyone see

www.************

The powers that be are unlawful in refusing continuing care to dementia patients

The Law Society insist the criteria being used by PCTs is unlawful and does not conform to Coughlan etc