Cameras in house!

Maldives13

Feb 4, 2014
Morning everyone. Looking for advice as always!! Looking at care homes at the minute for my Mum and all the guilt that goes with that!! However in the meantime - has anyone used a camera to check that their relative is in bed asleep. Seems a bit of an invasion of her privacy but she used to ring before getting in to bed. She now sometimes forgets and that results in someone going round to check she is ok! She is usually fast asleep .
She lives on her own with a package of care but they don't put her to bed as she is still able to do that. They have to go in to give her medication at least an hour before bedtime but the visit is only 30 minutes so they help her into her pyjamas (when she lets them!)
Bit nervous about a camera but getting a bit stressed and bless her she is quite happily asleep!
Thanks in advance

Pete R

Jul 26, 2014
Staffs
Hi Maldives13,

I used to use cameras at my Mom's house to initially check on who was coming to the front door and then later to make sure she was safe inside the house. I only put one in her bedroom when she started having carers come in to get her up and put her to bed, which I am glad I did.:(

To view in real time you need internet access at both ends. This used to be quite expensive but there are some good phone/broadband packages available.

If that is not possible then there are mobile phone apps available that enable you to call a phone silently and listen in to the surrounding. A cheap smart phone hidden somewhere by the bedroom may give you enough peace of mind.

Good Luck, especially with the search for a good CH.:)

Maldives13

Feb 4, 2014
Thanks Pete. There isn't any Internet access at her house so perhaps I need the phone apps or something! What a hard illness this is.