Camera

sonia owen

Hi All,

Can anyone tell me anything about setting up a small camera in my mum's home so we can keep any eye on her. Have the OT coming to see us when she comes home after her respite spell after her fall that caused her to spend the night on the floor. Will be looking at trying to keep her safe when alone again.
Many Thanks
Sonia x

Pete R

Jul 26, 2014
Staffs
Hi All,

Can anyone tell me anything about setting up a small camera in my mum's home so we can keep any eye on her. Have the OT coming to see us when she comes home after her respite spell after her fall that caused her to spend the night on the floor. Will be looking at trying to keep her safe when alone again.
Many Thanks
Sonia x

Hi Sonia,

Is it something you want to watch live or just to review later?

sonia owen

Hi Pete,
Really looking at checking her live I would think. We want to see she is in bed. I know we can't watch her 24/7. She has pull cords in her sheltered flat. etc. But its a case if she has fallen she can't get to them. Forgets to wear the pendant, I have looked for it, but I think its gone somewhere.
She can still say she is going to live on her own, so there is nothing we can do as a family to make her change her mind at the moment. Its a catch 22 situation she can't remember falling. What will be will be as she said to the CPN on her visit. Its a case for us as a worried family trying to make her life in her home as safe as possible. If she falls again then we will no doubt have the same chat with her.
Sonia x

Pete R

Jul 26, 2014
Staffs
Hi Pete,
Really looking at checking her live I would think. We want to see she is in bed. I know we can't watch her 24/7. She has pull cords in her sheltered flat. etc. But its a case if she has fallen she can't get to them. Forgets to wear the pendant, I have looked for it, but I think its gone somewhere.
She can still say she is going to live on her own, so there is nothing we can do as a family to make her change her mind at the moment. Its a catch 22 situation she can't remember falling. What will be will be as she said to the CPN on her visit. Its a case for us as a worried family trying to make her life in her home as safe as possible. If she falls again then we will no doubt have the same chat with her.
Sonia x
I used cameras in my Mom's house as well so have no issues with it at all.:)

If the sheltered flat does not have an internet connection you are not going to get live. Unless of course you live next door.

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
I've posted before about security with IP cameras, but I will mention it again.

Please do not use the default passwords as 239 people in the UK appear to be doing at the present time.

Attachments

• 2015-06-06_160044.jpg
    2015-06-06_160044.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 666