Camera in the home advice please

dawnp

Jun 29, 2015
Hi,
Mum lives alone and has Alzheimer's. She has a carer with her from 7am until 5pm and we are happy with it in general but are hearing that some carers are leaving early. Mum is prone to walking in areas that she shouldn't and so we are looking to minimise the risk to her.
We'd like to put discreet camera in the home - maybe just one in her living room but not sure on the type of camera to get. We probably need one that records onto an SD card but we are so lost in what to look for.
I wonder if anyone can help?
Also, is it legal??
Thank you
Dawn.

Last edited:

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
I was shown a system this week, called Ring, it is motion sensitive & records to the cloud, so no SD card needed, but a subscription of around £25 a year

It is supposed to be so you can see who comes to your door, but you can link it to a phone & talk someone at the door as though you are there, handy for deliveries etc, but also for seeing who turns up while you are out etc

I'm thinking about setting one up for my mum, I'll be notified when she goes out & returns, also able to view who is walking up the path & decide if I want to answer the door.

Someone else will need to answer the legality of putting them inside the house, but outside for security would let you know when the carer arrives & leaves as a by product of knowing she is safe & who has come to her door

Link below

https://ring.com/store/products/ring-doorbell

Last edited: