Calendar

drummer-john

Apr 29, 2005
Leeds
Hello all
Does anyone know where I could get a large perpetual calendar, that might help with the "what day is it today?" questions, and also the endless MMSE rehearsals? Diaries, standard calendars and wall planners have all failed!
Thanks
John

Lynne

Jun 3, 2005
Suffolk,England
John,
I don't want to pee on your matches but even if you DO find exactly the right kind of calendar, I don't think it will help. It didn't for my Mum, anyway.
I have had to work on my OWN mindset as regards the repetitions etc., and just reply to the question asked as if it was the first time, each time. Just bear in mind that for her, it IS the first time because the first (& 21st) time you answered, it just didn't stick. And no, it's not easy. But I find I'm not winding myself up as much as I used to.

DickG

Feb 26, 2006
Stow-on-the-Wold
Hi John

I agree with Lynne. My experience is that should you find such a calendar it would not be understood and the questions would just continue. Just give the answer to the question and resign yourself to answering the same question ad infinitum. It is a hard lesson to learn but once learned life become a whole lot easier, not easy - easier.

Dick

Norman

Oct 9, 2003
Birmingham Hades
Hi John
welcome to TP.
I have tried the calendars,diaries etc and none of them work
the only thing that I find useful are sheets of A4 with the days of the week on them,nothing else,the days changed at bed time.
This has hung on our bedroom wall since the onset of AD and every morning Peg will look at it and say "Is today xday"
It still works for us.
Best Wishes
Norman

drummer-john

Apr 29, 2005
Leeds
Hi
Many thanks for the replies. No magic solution then! But I'll try Norman's A4 sheets, which sound like a good idea.

Lynne:
I don't want to pee on your matches
What a great quote ;)

All the best
John