1. gladiola

gladiola New member

Jan 3, 2019
    Hello friends, well its swings and roundabouts for him as well as me as far as mood swings are concerned, He has behaviour varient frontotemporal dementia and has a very short fuse where his temper is concerned. The least little thing sets him off on a rant of shouting and swearing both in the house and outside. I feel that other people see him as just an angry old man but that is not how he was before this illness started. He was a mild mannered kind man who always wanted to help others. I am very worried that sooner or later he will be involved in a physical attack because he just can't resist telling other people what they should be doing. In a way he has a point, dropping litter or not cleaning up after dogs, also badly parked cars all enrage him. But he has no concern for his own safety in these situations. I can't hand out a card explaining his condition because he doesn't believe that he has any dementia and would challenge me if I tried to pass a card. What can I do, apart from stand by until something serious happens?

2. karaokePete

karaokePete Registered User

Jul 23, 2017
    N Ireland
    #2 karaokePete, Jan 3, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2019