Buying Aricept Online

angelhugs

Jan 12, 2019
My husband hasn’t been officially diagnosed yet but is having significant problems and is aware of it. His Mum was diagnosed with Alzheimer’s at 60, he is now 62. He wants to start taking Aricept as he seen the improvement in his Mum. Can anyone recommend a website to buy Aricept without a prescription?

Louise7

Volunteer Host
Mar 25, 2016
Sorry but we can't make recommendations like that here, particularly as what you are suggesting is potentially dangerous. This is a prescription only drug so should not be taken without medical advice. Your husband's medical history would need to be considered, and the fact that it worked well for his Mum doesn't mean that it will have the same effect for him. He needs a diagnosis first, so keep chasing up the GP for a referral to the memory clinic / mental health team.

marionq

Apr 24, 2013
Scotland
@angelhugs please don't proceed with this. Aricept does not suit everyone and needs to be supervised in the early days for those who take it. Never take medication that has been bought online as there is no guarantee of quality or authenticity.

Bunpoots

Volunteer Host
Apr 1, 2016
Nottinghamshire
Hi @angelhugs. My dad was one of the people who had a bad reaction to Aricept. His behaviour deteriorated to the point where I couldn’t manage him. He thought he was fine and we were all nuts!!!

If I hadn’t managed to persuade his consultant to reduce his dosage back down to the minimum dad would’ve been in care (or arrested!!) a good 3 years earlier as I couldn’t have coped with him.

Once the right dose for dad was sorted we had a good three years before he eventually went into care aged almost 90.

Definitely not a drug to take lightly

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
My mum had Aricept, but she couldnt take it to start with as she had heart problems as shown up on an ECG. If she had taken Aricept at that time it could have been fatal as one of the side-effects is a slowing down of the heart rate. She was only prescribed Aricept once her heart had been sorted out with other medication.

Bunpoots is right, Aricept can cause behaviour problems - increased aggression, hypersexuality and loss of inhibition (and that is particularly likely in early onset dementia).

It can also cause dizziness and falls.

Please dont get it without medical supervision.

Beate

May 21, 2014
London
Don't even think about doing that as it's illegal to obtain prescription medication without a prescription. It does need a diagnosis and medical supervision. Not everyone can tolerate it or should take it. Self-medication is dangerous! Aricept/Donepezil is usually given at a lower dose for the first month to monitor side effects. Plus, you don't even know if it is Alzheimer's yet! That's the only form of dementia where this medication is routinely given. If he has another form, it probably won't help him at all.

angelhugs

Jan 12, 2019
Thank you everyone for sharing your experiences. I am of the same opinion, I think it is dangerous to take prescription drugs without being prescribed them and bought online they could be fake. At least he can see for himself now it’s not just me saying this.
Thank you all again