But oh those lonely nights .........

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
You should be proud Scarlett - as John would be. You have achieved so much.

We shall all cope, and we shall all go forward - there is no other direction to go in. And there really is no alternative, is there?

truth24

Oct 13, 2013
North Somerset
Glad I've found your post here, Scarlett. I agree with Lindy. You are not vain, just happy that you have helped people. Used to feel that way when I was secretary at our local medical practice and managed to help someone occasionally. Take care of yourself. Xx

Scarlett123

Apr 30, 2013
Essex
I have no idea why our tickets for Lord of the Dance were marked "RV" - restricted viewing. :confused: We were in the centre of the 4th row of the stalls, and in front of us, in the first three rows sat ............... nobody. :)

Oh what a view and what a show. :D The new "Lord" was fantastic, and when he reached the climax, the fight with the baddie, and removed his tee shirt, well, let's just say, some rather nice memories came to mind. :D The screaming was deafening.

A friend visited today (and brought M & S cake ;) ), and was constantly remarking about "how well you've got on with things", but as I said - what choice do we have? You either sit at home and cry, and pray to be reunited with your beloved as soon as possible, or you make the most of the hand of cards you've been dealt, and try, try, try to carve a life for yourself.

I have several coffee and lunch dates this week, but absolutely nothing for the l-o-n-g bank holiday weekend, apart from an early coffee date on Saturday morning. I used to dread the bank holiday weekends when John was so ill, and al the Day Centres were shut, now I dread them because of the loneliness. So I've made a list of numerous Have To Be Done jobs, that will take about a week, so should last for the weekend.

I've meticulously listed items I need to buy, or assemble, to complete each job, and included good weather, bad weather and doesn't-matter weather tasks. Some are energetic, some are sedentary, and being as anal as I am, I've even decided what meals to have. :eek:

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
Lists are good I find. Otherwise, I find myself standing in the middle of the kitchen floor for a couple of hours, dithering about what to do, and doing nothing!

truth24

Oct 13, 2013
North Somerset
Hope the weekend isn't as bad as you fear, Scarlett, but can share your feelings to a certain degree although I am still lucky enough to have Fred.xx

LYN T

Aug 30, 2012
Brixham Devon
Glad you saw a good show Scarlett.

Why haven't I thought of making lists? It sounds like a good idea. I'm going to walk the dogs in an hours time (before the next rain arrives) then I'm going to clear the airing cupboard as it's being taken out when I get the new boiler. Later a trip to the tip and then I'm going to take up the hall carpet as I've pulled up a corner and seen some gorgeous floorboards. I will rub them down and give them a very light stain and varnish. I've already ordered a runner carpet which should look fine. Lots of other jobs to do-all of the paintwork needs doing! The weather forecast seems better for the weekend so that will be my gardening days. Bulbs are in the shops already.

Love

Lyn T XX

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland

Why haven't I thought of making lists? It sounds like a good idea. I'm going to walk the dogs in an hours time (before the next rain arrives) then I'm going to clear the airing cupboard as it's being taken out when I get the new boiler. Later a trip to the tip and then I'm going to take up the hall carpet as I've pulled up a corner and seen some gorgeous floorboards. I will rub them down and give them a very light stain and varnish. I've already ordered a runner carpet which should look fine. Lots of other jobs to do-all of the paintwork needs doing! The weather forecast seems better for the weekend so that will be my gardening days. Bulbs are in the shops already.

Love

Lyn T XX
If you can manage it Lyn, I'd get a professional to sand the floorboards. I had my front room floor professionally sanded - and honestly, I hardly had to flick a duster in there after he was done! Amazing machine he had!

Scarlett123

Apr 30, 2013
Essex

Love

Lyn T XX

Blimey Lyn, have you changed your name to Superwoman? ;) Yes, I bought bulbs yesterday, as I had lunch with a friend at the garden centre. I have washed out 3 large pots, and have the compost ready. I like putting things in pots, because then I can move them to empty places in the garden, if necessary.

A good forecast here for the weekend too, so I've cooked a chicken and a side of salmon, and portioned these out, and put them in the freezer. That way I can defrost what I need the night before, stick something in a sandwich for lunch, and something else with some salad, for dinner.

I still find it incredibly hard to cook for one. xx

LYN T

Aug 30, 2012
Brixham Devon
I'm afraid I'm still cooking for two-but I don't eat it all at once:D;) I put half of it in the freezer.

You're doing well Scarlett

Love

Lyn T XX

Scarlett123

Apr 30, 2013
Essex
I'm afraid I'm still cooking for two-but I don't eat it all at once:D;) I put half of it in the freezer.

You're doing well Scarlett

Love

Lyn T XX

Sometimes I feel like I'm treading water, other days it's as if I've swam the channel, and at times .... I've drowned. It's all up and down, isn't it. xxx

LYN T

Aug 30, 2012
Brixham Devon
Sometimes I feel like I'm treading water, other days it's as if I've swam the channel, and at times .... I've drowned. It's all up and down, isn't it. xxx

Yes it is:( I'm having a day of restless energy one moment (I hate that as I start jobs and don't finish them) and being in the chat room for hours. However, I don't give myself too much to do as it makes me feel down when I don't do it all. I've completed what I intended to do -so I suppose on balance it has been an ok day:)

Tomorrow I'm going to Plymouth in the afternoon to visit Pete's cousin whose Husband has Alzheimer's. Just to show a bit of support really-and I do like them very much. J (the person with AD) likes the dogs and they give him a lift as he is understandably depressed at the moment.

Coffee and cake if the weather is good.

Love

Lyn T XX

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
Coffee and cake if the weather is good.

Love

Lyn T XX

Lyn, you just reminded me - someone I visited yesterday offered me coffee and cake. I got the coffee - but they never gave me the cake!!:( They were chattering on and on, and obviously forgot! And so did I. And now that I've thought of it....I want some! And it was coffee cake too! My favourite!

Kjn

Jul 27, 2013
Oh coffee cake , it's been so many yrs since I had coffee cake .
Does anyone make coffee cake around here :p

Enjoy Plymouth Lyn , the dogs will enjoy 'helping others' :Dx