Buddy wanted

heyjude

Mar 27, 2008
The last few weeks have been terrible and eventually we have had to have my mother in law put in respite care this weekend.
To do this can you believe we had to take her to A and E at the hospital!
We are just trying to unwind now terrified she will be allowed out in a few days.God knows what would happen if they did that, I am sure it would kill my husband.His blood pressure is severely high with the stress.
We have been aware for a long time that this is the path we are on and have been looking around the internet to find info on who pays for care.
I want to buddy up and talk to someone who is either going through the appeal process or legal process re Couglans Law.
Is there a thread on here I could pick up on?
Forums are great for support and advice so I hope you will be able to help.
Deep sigh!

Brucie

Jan 31, 2004
near London
[Moderator note:I have moved this thread into this main support area as there should be more people viewing it here.]

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
I want to buddy up and talk to someone who is either going through the appeal process or legal process re Couglans Law.

Don't know that Law is or why you’re doing it ? also why did you have to put your mother in to A&E to get respite, rather than getting advice from a social worker & them setting up respite for you?
Is it because you mother is fully self funded, so Social service do not help you , but they can give advice in how to find a care home for respite for your mother , rather putting her into a A&E so your husband & yourself can get a much needed break for a few weeks

kazlou

Feb 3, 2006
Surrey
Hi,

Try this site groups.msn.com/Freenursingcareinformation

I got tremendous support when trying to obtain funding for my late father after he had suffered a severe stroke. (we won the funding but it was a long battle)
Good luck

Kazlou

heyjude

Mar 27, 2008
Thank you

I hope you will forgive me not revealing the personal circumstances around A and E, no decision was taken lightly or uncaringly.

I am checking out the links you have given and would still like to establish contact with someone who is going through this currently.

Thank you.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kiabarbour