Brunc57

brunc57

Jan 30, 2016
I am looking for some advice, myself and my brother and sister have been witnessing my mother display irrational outbursts about a neighbour to the extent she is becoming paranoid about this person ( she hasn't done anything). But mum belies is is trying to get her out of her home and move in. My dad is at his wits end as mum believes everything that happens to her is the neighbours fault. ( falls etc.) Mum has had a memory test but as she can't read or write in English the test didn't go well and scored 15 out of 30 my dad told the GP but was ignored. Things are getting worse she won't let me get social services in, suggestions please.

Cat27

Feb 27, 2015
Merseyside
Welcome to TP :)

I'd contract the GP & explain exactly what is happening & ask him to visit. Don't be fobbed off.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
I am looking for some advice, ............... Mum has had a memory test but as she can't read or write in English the test didn't go well and scored 15 out of 30 my dad told the GP but was ignored. Things are getting worse she won't let me get social services in, suggestions please.

Please phone the National Dementia Helpline.

http://forum.alzheimers.org.uk/faq.php?faq=resources#faq_resources_helpline

You can contact our helpline by calling 0300 222 1122 or by email at helpline@alzheimers.org.uk.

The helpline is usually open from 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday, and from 10am - 4pm at weekends. However, the service may be closed occasionally during these times for operational reasons.

Your dad should not feel ignored by his GP.

brunc57

Jan 30, 2016
Welcome to TP :)

I'd contract the GP & explain exactly what is happening & ask him to visit. Don't be fobbed off.

Thank you. We are making an appointment with her GP to discus the issues, but mum is going to be really upset. I spoke to her today and she said that my brother and sister have not been in contact for ages they both spoke to mum on Friday, dad isn't well and is not coping, we have tried putting in care call and carers centre, they agreed then dad rang 2 days later saying no as mum is upset and doesn't want people coming in their homepage. Lots of other issues including falls, headaches to name a few, but the constant accusations about the neighbours is wearing me down as mum is lucid 99% of the time, not having a good time with them and it's getting to the stage that I am get tingling stressed just phoning them. I work full time and live 20 miles away. X

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sharonmatthews1976