Bruce's story

mocha

Feb 17, 2006
Lancs, England
Hi Bruce,
I have been reading your article in the Daily Mail and just want to say I enjoyed finding out more about your circumstances. We all feel we know Jan and Nina but I hadn't realized you drove 100 mls every other day to see Jan.
I don't think anybody can doubt your devotion and love for her and Nina knew that from the very beginning.
Good Luck in the future- you deserve it.

Love Aileen
:)

Kriss

May 20, 2004
Shropshire
Bruce you have always been an inspiration from my very first visit to this site when I read exerts from your diary. I haven't seen this article but am delighted to know that your words are reaching a wide audience and am sure they will encourage many more people who find themselves part of the dark world of AD.

Kriss

Brucie

Jan 31, 2004
near London
Hi Norman

thanks! and Connie too.

also to all those who filed comments here and on the Daily Mail site. I'm touched.

[...but then people have been saying I'm touched for years... ;) ]

Nell

Aug 9, 2005
Australia
[QUOTE=Brucie]
also to all those who filed comments here and on the Daily Mail site. I'm touched.
][/QUOTE]

Can you please give us Non-UKers a website to access your story?? Like others I feel very reassured by your profound commonsense, which shines through all your posts. Thanks Bruce, from Nell.

hawaii50

Hi Bruce
Thanks for allowing us to share in your story. We didn't get it in the Mail in Scotland but I read it online. It's hard enough looking after a parent and I can only imagine how very difficult it must be to look after your spouse especially when she was so young and vibrant when this all started.
Bless you as you face the future.
Elspeth

blue sea

Aug 24, 2005
England
Hi Bruce

Thanks for your courage in making the most personal part of your life so public. And thanks to Nina too. You both deserve every moment of happiness together.
Blue sea

Lucille

Sep 10, 2005
Hello Bruce

Just to add my warmest wishes to you, Nina and Jan. I read the article too. Of course, I feel as if I 'know' you through TP, but the Daily Mail report just confirmed what a top bloke you are! :D

Nell

Aug 9, 2005
Australia
Thank you so much Bruce, for putting the story website on line for me and others to read.

Thank you too, to both you and Nina for sharing this very heart warming and uplifting story. You have confirmed (yet again) something I discovered when my second child was born. When I was pregnant with him I worried that I couldn't love another child as much as I loved my first one, whom I adored. At his birth, I fortunately discovered that love truly is infinite. You don't love one less because you already ove another greatly. Love expands to contain all those in it.

I too believe that Jan and Geoff would give your union their blessing if they could. You are indeed lucky to have each other. Nell