Bruce, I have a problem........

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
I cannot reply to PMs today -- the only option is the delete button. I've checked previous PMs and the same applies.

Is it my problem, or TP's?

Brucie

Jan 31, 2004
near London
Hi Hazel

hmmm....

I've checked my own PMs and I can reply to them as usual.

I wondered whether you had exceeded some limit of PMs, but you are nowhere in the lead 20 of members with PMs [I'm top, as a bad spring cleaner]

I've checked in the administration area and your details are what I would expect - ie nothing turned off.

I've just checked that your member name is able to receive PMs and it is - I've sent you a PM to make sure.

...I see you have just replied - is everything ok now?:confused:

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Everything's fine now, Bruce, thanks. Must have been a blip!

Took me a while to realise I could reply by sending a new message! Duh!!!!!!!!!!

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Finally got round to sorting the problem -- when I found I'd 'lost' my reply button again!

Discovered it was there when I used IE, but not when I used Yahoo browser, and I tend to use Yahoo on my first visit of the day, so that I can pick up emails.

Discovered that when I was messing about some time ago trying to work out how to increase text size in Yahoo, I must have unchecked 'Show pictures' on the options menu.

Problem solved, I can now reply in both Yahoo and IE, and I'm a happy pixie again!

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
I think I might have a bigger problem.

I have bookmarked `Alzheimer`s talking point`, so I never login or out. If anything went wrong with my computer, I haven`t a clue what my password is, as I only used it when I registered, and haven`t used it since.

I`m frightened to logout now, in case I won`t be allowed back in.

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Brucie

Jan 31, 2004
near London
I can reset your password if you get locked out, then you would be able to log in using that, then change it to something unique to you.:)