1. Expert Q&A: Benefits - Weds 23 October, 3-4pm

Our next expert Q&A will be on the topic of benefits. It will be hosted by Lauren from our Knowledge Services team. She'll be answering your questions on Wednesday 23 October between 3-4pm.

You can either post your question >here< or email them to us at talkingpoint@alzheimers.org.uk and we'll be happy to ask them on your behalf.

Bruce, I have a problem........

Discussion in 'Welcome and how to use Dementia Talking Point' started by Skye, Jun 10, 2007.

1. Skye

Skye Registered User

Aug 29, 2006
    SW Scotland
    I cannot reply to PMs today -- the only option is the delete button. I've checked previous PMs and the same applies.

Is it my problem, or TP's?

2. Brucie

Brucie Registered User

Jan 31, 2004
    near London
    Hi Hazel

hmmm....

I've checked my own PMs and I can reply to them as usual.

I wondered whether you had exceeded some limit of PMs, but you are nowhere in the lead 20 of members with PMs [I'm top, as a bad spring cleaner]

I've checked in the administration area and your details are what I would expect - ie nothing turned off.

I've just checked that your member name is able to receive PMs and it is - I've sent you a PM to make sure.

...I see you have just replied - is everything ok now?:confused:

3. Skye

Skye Registered User

Aug 29, 2006
    SW Scotland
    Everything's fine now, Bruce, thanks. Must have been a blip!

Took me a while to realise I could reply by sending a new message! Duh!!!!!!!!!!

4. Skye

Skye Registered User

Aug 29, 2006
    SW Scotland
    Finally got round to sorting the problem -- when I found I'd 'lost' my reply button again!

Discovered it was there when I used IE, but not when I used Yahoo browser, and I tend to use Yahoo on my first visit of the day, so that I can pick up emails.

Discovered that when I was messing about some time ago trying to work out how to increase text size in Yahoo, I must have unchecked 'Show pictures' on the options menu.

Problem solved, I can now reply in both Yahoo and IE, and I'm a happy pixie again!

5. Brucie

Brucie Registered User

Jan 31, 2004
    near London
    Grief! You technical people...:D

Well figured out and sorted.

6. Grannie G

Grannie G Volunteer Moderator

Apr 3, 2006
    Kent
    I think I might have a bigger problem.

I have bookmarked `Alzheimer`s talking point`, so I never login or out. If anything went wrong with my computer, I haven`t a clue what my password is, as I only used it when I registered, and haven`t used it since.

I`m frightened to logout now, in case I won`t be allowed back in.

:eek: :eek: :eek:

7. Brucie

Brucie Registered User

Jan 31, 2004
    near London
    I can reset your password if you get locked out, then you would be able to log in using that, then change it to something unique to you.:)

8. Grannie G

Grannie G Volunteer Moderator

Apr 3, 2006
    Kent
    Thank goodness!:)

9. Skye

Skye Registered User

Aug 29, 2006
    SW Scotland
    But if you can't log on, you can't post or send PMs. So how do we get in touch? Email AS?

10. Skye

Skye Registered User

Aug 29, 2006
    SW Scotland
    Thanks, Nada. That's helpful. I hadn't noticed it!