brought mum home

grimsby28

Feb 4, 2008
grimsby
hi have brought mum home tried so hard to leave her but just could not she would not eat she cried all the time thought it not her time to go in also not right place she still had same cloths on after 4 days she smellt awful had to bath her when got her home and then noticed a rash all over her legs so had to take her to gp unit at hospital doctor said it was something she picked up in care home i am so angry with them as i agonised over putting her in first time she went in she was fine when she came home this time she was in a right state am totaly stuck now dont know what to do next weather to grim and bear it or look for some where else help

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Now you have your mother home, please keep looking.

You were unfortunate with the home she was in. They let you and your mother down.

I can only suggest you ask very straightforward questions when you look. Write them down and don`t be intimidated by anyone. Ask what you need to know. It is your mother, the home is being paid to care for her. Sending her home with a rash and in dirty clothes is not caring.

I`m really sorry it`s come to this, but do understand why you brought her home.

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Grimsby, I'm so sorry you've had to do this, but I can understand why. It doesn't sound as if your mum has been cared for at all.

But please don't give up. You were so stressed before, and I wouldn't want you to get into that state again.

Keep looking, there are good care homes out there, but you have to be prepared to go roung several to find the right one. This factsheet might help you:

http://www.alzheimers.org.uk/factsheet/451

In the meantime, what are the rest of the family saying about it? Could you call a family meeting and ask for some support? I know you want the best for your mum, but they should be prepared to help out. It's not all down to you.

Let us know how you get on.

Love,

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skituscany