Brother Is Worried About Me Sending The Will To The Probate Office

Jessbow

Mar 1, 2013
Midlands
What i dont understand is the person that is applying for the probabte should be the person dong the contacting- why is your brother even contacting them /them contacting him if he isnt applying for the probate?( or vice versa) or is the probate application in both names- in which case, as long asthey can contact one of you........??

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
My analysis is that brother is applying for probate and that as @MaNaAk had easier access to the will the brother asked them to send it direct to the probate office.

The probate office then said the will had a corner torn off and required an explanation.

As MaNaAK was the person who sent the will they are the person who has to give an explanation, an email from the brother was not acceptable.

Now that MaNaAk is sending the explanation all should be OK.

Hope this is correct and helps others who might be struggling to sort out what's happening in this saga.

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Thankyou @nitram.

I have found that it takes a lot of strength of being a carer but just as much strength dealing with invisibles. Also this wonderful sight has got me through the toughest time of my life and is continuing to do so. I think we could all write a book on our experiences.

MaNaAk

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Hello you long suffering friends! I have sent a letter and an email to the Probate office regarding my change of email address and I am relieved.
They can now send emails to me and I can sort anything out.

MaNaAk

lemonbalm

May 21, 2018
Hello you long suffering friends! I have sent a letter and an email to the Probate office regarding my change of email address and I am relieved.
They can now send emails to me and I can sort anything out.

MaNaAk

Hurrah! One less thing to worry about is always a good thing. Have a celebratory cup of tea and a biscuit.

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
My brother sent an email asking if I tried to call the Probate office to which I replied that I thought an email and letter was better because it saves someone writing the wrong email address and of course you can save emails and refer back to them. Also it's difficult to get through to them.

MaNaAk

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
y
My brother sent an email asking if I tried to call the Probate office to which I replied that I thought an email and letter was better because it saves someone writing the wrong email address and of course you can save emails and refer back to them. Also it's difficult to get through to them.

MaNaAk
ou should be very proud of yourself sorting it out so efficiently

lemonbalm

May 21, 2018

MaNaAk

Good for you. I think it's always best to do these things in writing. MaNaAk 10, Brother 0.

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
I found an email from brother saying that I should have informed them as to whether I should phone or email and that I should have included them. I just informed the Probate office about my change of email address and if they want the declaration from me again they can email me. Of course my brothers want this wrapped up but I want to make sure that I give the probate office what they want.

MaNaAk

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
I found an email from brother saying that I should have informed them as to whether I should phone or email and that I should have included them. I just informed the Probate office about my change of email address and if they want the declaration from me again they can email me. Of course my brothers want this wrapped up but I want to make sure that I give the probate office what they want.

MaNaAk
as you have so much free time ..............

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Yes it is more important than my online Piano pupils also you can save an email for reference!

MaNaAk

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Also I am not meant to have my own mind and I was told that my brother and his wife spent a lot of time doing the inheritance tax and probate. Apart from benefits, POAs and other admin I haven't done a thing!

MaNaAk