Brother Is Worried About Me Sending The Will To The Probate Office

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
just write your cover note with a photo you taken from the will and say to the best of your knowledge it was in perfect condition when you sent it. your brothers can sort themselves out or their wives. its not your fault and you shouldnt blame yourself, your brothers will do the blaming for you. you dont need to admit to anything because you havent done anything wrong. dont dwell on it, be proud of the way you have handled all this on your own and have a good day

Donkeyshere

May 25, 2016
outside UK
Families!!! at the moment all is quiet on our front I think my invisible has forgotten about his mother now he has nothing to gain she never mentions him anymore ! We are still doing well on the Rock that is Guernsey, apologies to those who dont know me hello to those that did. Strict isolation and testing, but no social distancing and care homes open small mercies for not being to get off the island at the moment but missing my son in UK. It sounds like you are doing ok MaNaAk despite all the hassle still but stay off too many of those biscuits!

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
I'm more concerned about organising the next boiler service to fix the leak which I still have from time to time in the house that I will be leaving.
I honestly wouldnt bother. Your brothers cheekily want you to pay rent. Dont spend any more money on the house unless its a flood!

Susan11

Nov 18, 2018
Thankyou you two. We will be drafting a response and actually we've got photos of the Will when we collected it showing it to be absolutely fine. Judging by the elder of my two brother's last email he is a lot more stressed out about it than I am and yet here I am on my own and there he is with his wife. He thinks I am going to contact the Probate office on my own as if I haven't got other things to do. I think I'm going to have a better night than him I'm more concerned about organising the next boiler service to fix the leak which I still have from time to time in the house that I will be leaving.

MaNaAk
Hi MaNaAk
Just a thought....are you keeping a record of everything you have spent on the house over the years? It might not seem very much at the time but I bet it's built up over the years. You should be reimbursed for this.
Best wishes Susan

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Hi MaNaAk
Just a thought....are you keeping a record of everything you have spent on the house over the years? It might not seem very much at the time but I bet it's built up over the years. You should be reimbursed for this.
Best wishes Susan

Yes I've got lots of receipts over the years but I don't expect to be reimbursed.

MaNaAk

Susan11

Nov 18, 2018
Yes I've got lots of receipts over the years but I don't expect to be reimbursed.

MaNaAk
I guess not but having a figure to quote to them when they bring up the subject of rent again might be a good idea.

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Yes that's a good idea Susan. I will calculate the receipts although I could also bear in mind the times when dad has insisted on paying for things and I have sneakily paid him back. However that said the receipts I have actually goes into thousands. Also today I notice that I haven't heard from my brothers so far and the plan was for us to email each other with our compositions to send to the probate office. I would rather read theirs first before submitting mine to them. I'll let you know what happens thankyou all so much for taking the time to respond to all this!

MaNaAk

Susan11

Nov 18, 2018
Yes that's a good idea Susan. I will calculate the receipts although I could also bear in mind the times when dad has insisted on paying for things and I have sneakily paid him back. However that said the receipts I have actually goes into thousands. Also today I notice that I haven't heard from my brothers so far and the plan was for us to email each other with our compositions to send to the probate office. I would rather read theirs first before submitting mine to them. I'll let you know what happens thankyou all so much for taking the time to respond to all this!

MaNaAk
Good idea MaNaAk. After all you have spent that money to protect or even increase the value of the house. In fact when the house is sold you should be reimbursed before the money raised by the sale is distributed between the three of you.

nita

Dec 30, 2011
Essex
@Sarasa, @canary, @prittlewell and @nita,

BBC Breakfast showed Dominic Little along seafront with Two Tree Island in the background today!

MaNaAk
I missed this. Why was he reporting from this area? Southend often seems to be in the news - the beaches in the summer and the long queues for testing at Short Street recently. Now it seems we are still in Tier 1 while the rest of Essex is in 2. I expect we will go to the same level shortly as it doesn't make much sense. I can't really understand it as our levels of infection are not too bad but maybe they are trying to pre-empt things, before they get worse.

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
I missed this. Why was he reporting from this area? Southend often seems to be in the news - the beaches in the summer and the long queues for testing at Short Street recently. Now it seems we are still in Tier 1 while the rest of Essex is in 2. I expect we will go to the same level shortly as it doesn't make much sense. I can't really understand it as our levels of infection are not too bad but maybe they are trying to pre-empt things, before they get worse.

Dear @nita,

It was to do with how Covid was affecting the tourist industry. Of course he had the sea behind him so Leigh did look good.

MaNaAk

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Also I had a greataunt who used to leave in Ambleside Drive and she used to say that it was the Thorpe Bay side of Southend but infact it is part of the red light district!

MaNaAk

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
we did have quite a big red light district and actual red lamps in the window. my nan was brought up in the area but back then they were `big posh houses. the district has now moved to an industrial estate. she went to school and everything.

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Just a quick update to say that we have composed an email which my brother intends to send on Monday which would have been dad's birthday.

Natrah

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
Just a quick update to say that we have composed an email which my brother intends to send on Monday which would have been dad's birthday.

Natrah
at least it it all sorted although the date cant be great and brothers are taking responsibility for sending it rather than leaving it to you

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Hello Everyone.

Some time ago I changed my Internet provider and unfortunately they stopped my email address. I told everyone I could think of including my brother who was dealing probate and anyway those of you who have read this thread and know about the tear in the Will are aware that we sent an email about this or to be more accurate my brother sent this email. Anyway my brother rang this morning and said that they had received an email from the Probate office saying that the email should have come from me and that they sent an email to me but these have been returned. Of course my brother says that I should have let them know about the change of email address but I tried to say that I told them my brothers anyway I wish I was perfect and I am so glad that I have that therapist I also have a mouth ulcer coming up. I am going to phone my old Internet provider.

MaNaAk