Brother Is Worried About Me Sending The Will To The Probate Office

nita

Dec 30, 2011
Essex
Yes, @MaNaAk I'm a Sarfender! You come from the posh end. Lovely morning here today but there'll be rain later so I'm getting the washing done now.

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Do you remember when the residents of Thorpe Bay wanted their own separate postcode? Also you would be near the Fishermen's Warf restaurant where they sell one of the best Fish and Chips in this area. Please ignore these people that keep talking about putting ice-cream on their fish and chips as I was told not to put hand sanitiser on my lunch the other day ?!

MaNaAk

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
Do you remember when the residents of Thorpe Bay wanted their own separate postcode? Also you would be near the Fishermen's Warf restaurant where they sell one of the best Fish and Chips in this area. Please ignore these people that keep talking about putting ice-cream on their fish and chips as I was told not to put hand sanitiser on my lunch the other day ?!

MaNaAk
you are cheeky dont knock it til youve tried it

Veritas

Jun 15, 2020
Hello Everyone and especially @DianeW,

I just want to say that after this morning's phone call I am putting more serious consideration on renting because he said that when probate comes through I am liable to pay rent to them but of course I don't see why I should do this if I am moving!

MaNaAk
You are not liable to pay rent to them. Presumably you are paying all the bills? If you were not living there they would have to pay their share according to how the estate is to be divided up when the property is sold.

Easy to say and hard to do, I know, but I think you should refuse to do anything other than pay the bills, and stay there at least until contracts for sale are exchanged. There is nothing they can do about it if you take this line, and any lawyer would tell them so. Unoccupied properties deteriorate and are harder to sell, and the bills would not change very much.

Please don’t let your brothers bully you like this - you were doing the unpaid caring and the least they can do is not stress you out with unreasonable and unenforceable demands.

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
You are not liable to pay rent to them. Presumably you are paying all the bills? If you were not living there they would have to pay their share according to how the estate is to be divided up when the property is sold.

Easy to say and hard to do, I know, but I think you should refuse to do anything other than pay the bills, and stay there at least until contracts for sale are exchanged. There is nothing they can do about it if you take this line, and any lawyer would tell them so. Unoccupied properties deteriorate and are harder to sell, and the bills would not change very much.

Please don’t let your brothers bully you like this - you were doing the unpaid caring and the least they can do is not stress you out with unreasonable and unenforceable demands.

Don't worry @Veritas I think I am showing them what strength I have and I am taking a lot of strength from my wonderful friends here.

MaNaAk

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Just about to go out shopping, advertising and looking at estate agents and I'll probably have lunch whilst I still can. Also I have my own hand sanitiser in my bag where it is safe.

MaNaAk

nita

Dec 30, 2011
Essex
I don't know the Fisherman's Wharf restaurant - is it near the pier?

My great-uncle lived in a road near Southchurch Park and he liked to say he lived in Thorpe Bay. They didn't like the fact that their postal address was Southend. From what I understand, if you're the other side of Lifstan Way you can say you live in Thorpe Bay.

I don't buy fish and chips any more as I was put off by reading the amount of saturated fat in them! I also can't find a good place but I have used one in Southchurch Road.

nita

Dec 30, 2011
Essex
PS Have you tried Right Move or Zoopla? I've been looking at flats in case we want to downsize and I saw a nice one over at Shoebury Garrison - 2 bed though.

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Yes @nita,

It used to be near the pier I also think that Rightmove and Zoopla are very good. I've also looked at spare rooms.

MaNaAk

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
@nita the Fish and Chip restaurants in Leigh seem to be less oily and also there is a good one in Rayleigh High Street.

MaNaAk

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
My SIL has emailed to say that the Probate office have informed them that they have received the Will but they have a question about the documents. My brother is going to email the question to myself and my other brother but of course my mind is raced a bit. The elder of my two brothers is away at the moment which is why my SIL informed us.

MaNaAk

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
My SIL has emailed to say that the Probate office have informed them that they have received the Will but they have a question about the documents. My brother is going to email the question to myself and my other brother but of course my mind is raced a bit. The elder of my two brothers is away at the moment which is why my SIL informed us.

MaNaAk
not more problems especially as you need space from your brothers. dont stress about it, could be something simple to get. dont dwell, it will become clear in time. wait for that time.no over thinking.have a biscuit or chocolate.

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
I had a takeaway curry tonight and bought chocolate again it could be something simple I just think what next because I can't phone my SIL after last Wednesday when she told my brother to end the phone call when I told him about my anxiety /depression. I guess it was because they were walking the dog and he was getting angry but I would rather not phone them.

MaNaAk

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Thankyou @canary.

I love coming on here. I have just enjoyed curry from dad's favourite Taj Mahal restaurant there are some people here who like fish and chips with ice cream on top?!

MaNaAk

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
I had a takeaway curry tonight and bought chocolate again it could be something simple I just think what next because I can't phone my SIL after last Wednesday when she told my brother to end the phone call when I told him about my anxiety /depression. I guess it was because they were walking the dog and he was getting angry but I would rather not phone them.

MaNaAk
if anyone else uses MaNaAks co-op they are now rationing chocolate like toilet rolls and pasta as they have had problems with panic buying chocolate