Brother Is Worried About Me Sending The Will To The Probate Office

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
My dad met my mum went he went into said Essex town to find good looking girls for a dance he was organising at the Air Force bass in Canewden(sp?) Mum was working in a shop when he went and chatted her up. I know all those places too though I haven’t been there for years and as a vegetarian couldn’t have the fish and chips anyway.
Actually mum lived in s-o-s but my uncle was in a care home in l-o-s so I know that too.

Dad's care home 'B' was three minutes walk from Chalkwell Station.

MaNaAk

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Yup, I know where you mean.
?

Twenty-two years ago I went on a short opera holiday in Italy and the flight was due to leave from Stansted. It was a package deal and I started to get to know the travellers at the airport. On the plane my friends said that they came from Jedburgh and they asked me where I came just when we were flying over L-O-S and so I pointed out of the window and said my house is down there!

MaNaAk

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
my husband cooked a very nice meal of fish and chips with mayonnaise on the side followed by fruit and ice cream really nice. i get the washing up

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
I knew it!!!
Im another Thames Estuary girl. I know those places!
(I dont live in Essex now, though)

Tomassi's is still there @canary and I remember a lady on the table next to me asking for Rossi Ice cream and I thought no Tomassi's make their own ice-cream.

MaNaAk

prittlewell

Jan 28, 2020
Yes, I am from Westcliff on Sea. Used to live two doors from Southend Hospital (hence Prittlewel), but now I am about a mile away.

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Yes I am from Leigh-On-Sea and when I studied A level music my friends and I learnt that the composer Palestrina took his name from his place of residence so therefore my friend D said that means I am D Pitsea making M laugh. M became M Wickford and I was N Leigh-On-Sea. The rest of the class was B Westcliff, J Hawkwell, K Eastwood, H Rochford, A Thorpe Bay, A Southend and N Thorpe Bay

MaNaAk

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Other side of the Thames here but we have a small ferry that will take us to the Essex side which my dad used for years to go to work.

I used to enjoy fish and chips with dad 3 times a week before he became ill.

I seem to remember you saying that your daughter watched Olympic mountain bike event at Hadleigh @Duggies-girl.

MaNaAk

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Oh it must have been one of our other friends. I will write to you later as I'd like to know how he's getting on now.

MaNaAk

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
i tell you something about whiskey. when i got married my nan had a whiskey bottle half or quart in her handbag so she would get some lemonade from the bar and sneak the whiskey in from her handbag and if we went any where she be the one dishing out sandwiches even if they werent needed like a working man social club.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sharonmatthews1976