Brother Is Worried About Me Sending The Will To The Probate Office

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
My part of Essex is well known for it's Fish and Chips. I want you to treat yourself especially after that injection.

MaNaAk

Helly68

Mar 12, 2018
God, I love fish and chips! Ultimate treat meal. Funnily enough, even in hospital as a child, which I was a lot, that was the one meal they didn't manage to ruin.
Strange how these childhood likes and dislikes stay with you.....

Sarasa

Volunteer Host
Apr 13, 2018
Nottinghamshire
@MaNaAk , you are making me nostalgic. I guess you come from the same bit of Essex my mum comes from. I used to love going to visit my nan when I was small and having fish and chips from the shop round the corner.

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
I'm ten minutes walk from dad's old care home. He had a lounge outside his room and we used to sit there admiring the view of the Thames Estuary. As we looked at the pier I used to say to dad 'Do you remember taking mum dancing at the end of the pier?' 'Do you remember going dancing at the Kursaal and going for coffee at Tomassi's?'

Natrah

Sarasa

Volunteer Host
Apr 13, 2018
Nottinghamshire
My dad met my mum went he went into said Essex town to find good looking girls for a dance he was organising at the Air Force bass in Canewden(sp?) Mum was working in a shop when he went and chatted her up. I know all those places too though I haven’t been there for years and as a vegetarian couldn’t have the fish and chips anyway.
Actually mum lived in s-o-s but my uncle was in a care home in l-o-s so I know that too.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
my husband was a lorry driver and remembers places in essex and delivering to kursaal and he had fish and chips there. he remembers the building of the other venue but not that particular shop.hes been most places im from the wrong place, you all seem to have more fun up there

Duggies-girl

Sep 6, 2017
Other side of the Thames here but we have a small ferry that will take us to the Essex side which my dad used for years to go to work.

I used to enjoy fish and chips with dad 3 times a week before he became ill.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jprollet