Brother Is Worried About Me Sending The Will To The Probate Office

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Also I've got a leak to deal with but my neighbour is coming to look at it and I have house insurance.

MaNaAk

DianeW

Sep 10, 2013
Lytham St Annes
Hello MaNaAk...... it really is a sad reflection on your brothers on how they are treating you, they have no understanding of what you did willingly for your parents while they were on the sidelines living their lives......and they are too selfish to ever understand.

But you are in control of you and your life, not they, I think they are sending you possible properties because they still think your dragging your heels and not seriously looking.

The sooner the property goes on the market the better......It’s disgraceful that they even suggest paying rent in your case after all you did for your parents it’s totally uncalled for in your case.

You obviously can’t buy anything until the house is sold, have you looked at possible social housing in your area for over 55’s.....please look as it may really suit you, be a long term solution and that means you will have money behind you to enjoy life (once things get back to some sort of normal of course).

The other alternative if the stress put on you by your brothers does become unbearable....will be to rent, not ideal, as means moving twice, but maybe needed to save your sanity.

It’s such a difficult time, made harder by your brothers being unsupportive, but you really do have to focus on this move, really look at places your interested in and like I say get the house sold.

Only when your in your own home can you really begin to settle down, you will do it, you have nice supportive friends around and are strong when required.

We are all here sharing your journey and supporting from afar.....take care x

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
I have replied to my brother's email by saying thankyou for looking but this is the top end of my price range.

MaNaAk

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Hello Everyone.

Just updating you wonderful people. I've been exchanging emails with the elder of my two brothers and he has said I don't expect you to buy now but I want you to get a feel for what's on the market I sent a reply saying that I am very pleased with this and he is offering to help pay for the clear out. All very good but I must be prepared for everything.

MaNaAk

Susan11

Nov 18, 2018
Hello Everyone.

Just updating you wonderful people. I've been exchanging emails with the elder of my two brothers and he has said I don't expect you to buy now but I want you to get a feel for what's on the market I sent a reply saying that I am very pleased with this and he is offering to help pay for the clear out. All very good but I must be prepared for everything.

MaNaAk
Well that sounds a bit more positive. Fingers crossed it lasts

DianeW

Sep 10, 2013
Lytham St Annes
Hopefully if you continue to look actively then he will be satisfied that you are accepting the move and not dragging your heels......good that he realistically doesn’t expect you to buy now.

I think if they mention again you paying rent, I would simply say your not happy to do that as you are safekeeping the property, and that and everything else you have done lovingly for your parents in your view entitles you to remain in your home until such time as it is sold, thus enabling you to purchase a property for yourself.........that’s it, they can take it as they like?

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
Hopefully if you continue to look actively then he will be satisfied that you are accepting the move and not dragging your heels......good that he realistically doesn’t expect you to buy now.

I think if they mention again you paying rent, I would simply say your not happy to do that as you are safekeeping the property, and that and everything else you have done lovingly for your parents in your view entitles you to remain in your home until such time as it is sold, thus enabling you to purchase a property for yourself.........that’s it, they can take it as they like?
have you done the kitchen leak ? by now you could have eaten the whole tin jenny

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex

Thankyou Diane,

If the question of paying them rent comes again I could do as @Bod suggests and pretend that they are offering to pay me!

MaNaAk

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
have you done the kitchen leak ? by now you could have eaten the whole tin jenny

Yes the plumber is booked for Wednesday but what is strange is that is leaking in the kitchen and it has nothing to do with the roof but it was okay today because it didn't rain as much as yesterday!

MaNaAk

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
The biscuit tin is nearly finished and it really doesn't help when the Coop (where the customers should all wear masks covering their noses as well as their mouths) is selling flapjack biscuits as three for the price of two!

MaNaAk

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
The biscuit tin is nearly finished and it really doesn't help when the Coop (where the customers should all wear masks covering their noses as well as their mouths) is selling flapjack biscuits as three for the price of two!

MaNaAk
oh dear cant miss a bargain

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Hello Everyone.

After another not so good night I decided that now would be a good time to tell my brothers about my condition so I phoned my youngest brother and his partner answered and I had a good conversation with her.

I phoned my other brother who told me that the trouble with me is that I can only see things from my point of view and that I have been living here rent free. He said he was against dad going into a care home but I put him there anyway. He also accused me of lying but I had always updated him on dad's condition and I thought I had talked him round to dad being in a home.

Anyway the only thing I can do now is carry on with clearing, making plans and moving. All this and trying to keep money coming in during a pandemic. I was afraid of opening my emails but I'm not sure why I am now and I certainly won't pay them before moving because then I wouldn't be able to move.

MaNaAk