Brother Is Worried About Me Sending The Will To The Probate Office

Quizbunny

Nov 20, 2011
I have just sold my house and found a new one. The market here in the south seems to be quite buoyant and we agreed a price with the owner of the house we are buying on the day after she put it up for sale. The stamp duty holiday is making a very big difference and quite honestly we are able to afford a nicer house than we would without it. Just something to bear in mind. Good luck

Sarasa

Volunteer Host
Apr 13, 2018
Nottinghamshire
Our house is on the market at the moment, and we are going to where we want to move to to look at properties next week. We've had a few viewing in the few days its been on, and though it might be a bit tricky to sell (it's on a busy road) we are hopeful. I'd try and get the house on the market as soon as possible if you can. Then you can really start moving on.

Bod

Aug 30, 2013
Just collected the Will and my youngest brother kept asking if I was happy to send it off. After dealing with all the benefits and two Powers Of Attorney I was quite happy to do this. It's good that they are concerned.

MaNaAk
As has been said, make copies of the Will, read, and understand fully, exactly what is in the Will, this is what is going to decide who gets what. It might be different to what is expected.

Bod

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Hello Everyone.

This morning was a sad one and was very tearful not just because of the house situation but I felt was rather clinical another that I did for dad and I could do was picture my parents faces. Unfortunately when you live on your own you can only imagine being cuddled and comforted. Of course got an email from the elder of my two brothers thanking me and also saying that I should let them know what I spent which I said I would think about as (I believe it is just to do with probate). I mentioned that I felt that the grief had come back but as expected this was not mentioned. However I have wonderful friends and I will be speaking to a therapist.

MaNaAk

nita

Dec 30, 2011
Essex
I am not surprised you are still grieving @MaNaAk . Your father only died just over a year ago. It will be four years at Christmas that my mother passed and I still dream about her most nights. I still feel sad and try not to re-live things that happened in the last years of her life as it was so upsetting. As other people have said, I am starting to remember happier times with her and the dreams are comforting as I can remember her as she really was and it seems as if she is still here, if that makes sense.

It can take a long time to get over a bereavement and you are on your own which must be harder for you. It gives you a lot of time alone to think about things. I too am having counselling and trying to think more positively.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
with only a year you have only just got over the firsts of everything without him with both parents. if you think of one parent its inevitable you will think of the other parent because they belong together which they are now i hope.MaNaAk, you have been through the mill today you have done it. tears are healing and a release

Lemondrizzle

Aug 26, 2018
Aww, this is an emotional thing to do. Not sure what Probate Registry you have sent it to but the tracking doesn't always update. We received MIL's Probate Certificate back when the tracking was still not showing as delivered. My OH had to ring them to make sure it had been delivered to put his mind at ease.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dbonetti