Brother Is Worried About Me Sending The Will To The Probate Office

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Hello Everyone.

I'm just letting you know that the elder of my two brothers is panicking about me sending the Will to the Probate office once we have collected the Will. He emailed the cover letter to me at 9.15 this evening so that we could send everything off together tomorrow. He didn't want me to do it on my own and I can understand this however I asked him to forward the cover letter twice and when he didn't do this I assumed he wanted me to send the Will to him so that he could send it to his local Probate office he chose the last minute to send an email asking whether my youngest brother and I would like to do it.

In the end I convinced him that we would collect the Will and I will bring back here so that I can print the cover letter off before sending everything by special delivery. I don't see why I should be expected to print the letter off at the last moment when we have to be at the solicitors at 9.30 am. Invisibles also don't seem to realise that with all the forms we carers have to fill in we are very mindful of items going missing in the post or being left out. If only they realised what we had to do get what our PWDs deserve!

MaNaAk

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Forgot to say that when I get back from the
solicitors I will photograph the Will at my brother's suggestion and print the letter then I have to go to work. As I said before invisibles have no idea of the admin that's involved in caring but they show more interest in the Will!

MaNaAk

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
Forgot to say that when I get back from the
solicitors I will photograph the Will at my brother's suggestion and print the letter then I have to go to work. As I said before invisibles have no idea of the admin that's involved in caring but they show more interest in the Will!

MaNaAk
for goodness sake, more stress when not needed

DianeW

Sep 10, 2013
Lytham St Annes
How is the house hunting going, have you viewed any properties yet?

It’s such a long process, it will be good for you once everything is settled?

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
I've viewed properties on the Internet but I feel better with every little step. We haven't put the house on the market yet and Estate agents have said that I should start looking once the house is sold but I need to know what's out there as I feel it is an abyss as it is.

MaNaAk

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Just collected the Will and my youngest brother kept asking if I was happy to send it off. After dealing with all the benefits and two Powers Of Attorney I was quite happy to do this. It's good that they are concerned.

MaNaAk

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
I've viewed properties on the Internet but I feel better with every little step. We haven't put the house on the market yet and Estate agents have said that I should start looking once the house is sold but I need to know what's out there as I feel it is an abyss as it is.

MaNaAk
good luck, dont stress

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Thankyou @jennifer1967.

Sorry the emotions have got to me a bit as I can't believe mum and dad are both gone. Dad passed away within twenty four hours of being admitted to hospital and he died last June. Mum was August 2008.

MaNaAk

Jessbow

Mar 1, 2013
Midlands

MaNaAk
You need to start looking when the house goes on the market, if not before . The buying process takes the same length of time as the selling , so you need to be aiming to complete on your sale AND your purchase on the same day. That the norm anyway.

If you get a buyer and they are ready to get on and complete as part of a chain, they wont want to wait while you start looking. Start looking now, see whats out there. Nothing much seems to be selling at the moment ( step sons isnt! despite reducing by 20K) so you might be in a good position to make an offer on a place thats been on a while.

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Thankyou both very much I will keep posting for your advice and I will be sure to treat myself @lemonbalm. I know I've done the best for the family even if certain people don't realise it. I'm afraid I am having one of those days where the grief has come back. Anyway I better get it all posted and out of the way.

MaNaAk

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Thankyou @jennifer1967.

Everything's gone now and I am treating myself to lunch at what was one of dad's favourite cafes. Also I have a new pupil starting on Wednesday. The trouble with this part of the Probate process is that it is rather clinical and also my brother asked my other brother and myself to thank his wife for filling in the inheritance tax form and neither of them thought of what I'd done.

Anyway that's in the past and I can only look forwards now.

MaNaAk

Duggies-girl

Sep 6, 2017
You have to send the will @MaNaAk it's a requirement of the probate and you won't get it back because they keep it so do make a copy. I sent dads by special delivery and they got it next day.

I am not surprised you are fed up with your brothers, yes put it behind you and look forward from now on.

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Thankyou for your support everyone it's all gone now and out of the way. The grief came back because of me thinking of my lovely parents and certain people seem to have little faith in me.

MaNaAk