Brother Is Worried About Me Sending The Will To The Probate Office

Just me

Nov 17, 2013
I’d ask your brother to forward probates email to you and do what you need to do @MaNaAk. They should accept your new email address.
I’m not sure what your previous internet provider can do unless they are able to retrieve your email account. You can ask probate to forward the bounced back emails to you.
Then forget your brothers comment.
If someone had upset me mum always said “forget about them, they’re not worth it” ?

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
oh MaNaAk you are human and they put you under so much pressure that it you were going to not do something. did the probate say it should be you at the time to send email. i remember you saying on here that your brothers didnt trust you so they took over. dont blame yourself, mistakes happen and this was your brothers mistake as he sent it. please dont blame yourself, you have done so well with talking to a therapist and sorting everything out. if they had listened maybe they would have realised. human error. sort out an email address and give to the probate office and stop beating yourself up and enjoy teaching. sorry MaNaAk sounds a bit bossy,, i mean it in a supportive way

lemonbalm

May 21, 2018
@Just me is right @MaNaAk . If your brother forwards the e-mail to you, you can handle it from there. He could have easily done that without making a fuss. These hiccups happen all the time and The Probate Office will understand. They're just people doing a job, same as the rest of us.

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Thankyou you two. I have just emailed my brothers and I am waiting to hear from them. I had the usual lecture and of course invisibles can do no wrong.

MaNaAk

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
Do you intend contacting your old ISP to recover your old email address, not all will do this and the ones that do will charge?

You want the probate office to have an address that works for you, your brother can email it to them.

Have you considered an ISP independent address which would prevent you loosing it if you change provider, you could set one up and give it to your brother?

An easy one to set up is a gmail address, you can operate it directly via the web or use a client such as Thunderbird.

if you want to try have a look at

You could forward all mails to your present account to the gmail account and on receipt at the gmail inform the sender of the change of email address.

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Dear Nitram,

Yes I've now got one of these and yes my old ISP couldn't retrieve my email address. My brother said that it took a long time to get through to them on the phone so I have decided to send them a letter through recorded delivery.

MaNaAk

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
I think it is better that they have it in writing rather than a phone call to avoid anymore errors.

MaNaAk

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
I've found an email address so I will the Probate office but I will keep the letter that I have written out to them.

MaNaAk

lemonbalm

May 21, 2018
Do what makes you feel better @MaNaAk . It's a classic anxiety thing, not being able to make up your mind. If you do e-mail, ask for them to confirm receipt by return e-mail to put your mind at rest. You can send a hard copy as back up if you like too. Remember the Probate Office are providing a service and you are the customer! Have a good day.

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Thankyou @lemonbalm as I said I feel that part of this is due to the behaviour of the invisible. I feel I've got to do a perfect job for him whereas the Probate office would completely understand.

MaNaAk

Jessbow

Mar 1, 2013
Midlands
You dont need to ring your old ISP, just give the probate office your new email address.
I 'd have thought they would have written, snail mail

nita

Dec 30, 2011
Essex
Hi @MaNaAk - did you think that since you changed your email address you may be missing other emails from your contacts? Have you told everyone of the change>