Broadband on order

Lynmax

Nov 1, 2016
Whoooo! Ive just arranged for the internet to be installed at my mothers house - well, should go live in 10 days but nearly there!

We've gone for a router from her phone provider which they are going to send to me - luckily we had to register the LPA last year to make a couple of necessary changes so they were happy to speak to me! In fact, they could not be any more helpful and were very understanding.

We reckon we can install the router in the hall, next to a phone line and elec socket but then hide it under the telephone table so she won't know its there and mess about with it!

Then we can install security cameras and a doorbell camera so we can hopefully deter the evil men who knock on her door to ask for money! The police told us that with a photo they might be able to help and I can't wait to speak to them through the microphone!

Then we are going to install Hive so we can switch the heating on again when she switches it off or owners the thermostat! We're going to disconnect the existing thermostat but leave it in place so she can fiddle with it to her hearts content!

Are they any other apps we can install to help support mum from afar? What else do you do?

Maggie

Oct 11, 2003
Gibraltar/England london Now
Well done :)

What about GPS on a watch or mobile ?
In case your mother wonders off outside to the street & gets lost.

Please except my apologies for not reading your past post .
I do not know what stage your mother is in.
(I don't want to offend you, as that is not my intention .
& mother may not be in the stage of getting lost)

Lynmax

Nov 1, 2016
Thanks for that suggestion Maggie. Mum is not yet at the stage of wandering but her door bell will also have a movement sensor so we will know if she does go out at night and can then look at a tracker. But we kind of think that might be the stage when a care home becomes appropriate.

i think there is an app for controlling the tv which might help stop her watching random channels when she's pressed the wrong buttons!